TL-WPA281 keeps resetting itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-01 06:00:45
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.1 Build 120210 Rel.30416n

ISP : Talk Talk

Looking for some help please guy's.

I have just purchased a TL-WPA281 Powerline Extender as the wireless signal from my router is really poor in the lounge. I believe I have set everything up ok as I do get a good connection for up to 20 minutes at a time with full bars showing on the connection. Then without warning I loose everything for a few minutes whilst it resets and starts up.

This has on occasion stabilised for an hour without the reset but at the moment it's doing it every few minutes. I have even tried downloading the latest firmware but this looks the same as before.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Rob :confused:
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WPA281 keeps resetting itself
2013-02-01 10:46:04
If you have a Windows PC, install Powerline Scan on your PC with the CD. Open utility, click on connect to login with admin as username and password.
Go to wireless/wireless settings to modify channel. Go to wireless security to secure your network with WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, AES.
Options
2013-02-01 19:43:02
Hi Mavis,

Not sure what you trying to get at :o

The connection works fine but will suddenly drop when the unit seems to restart. All settings are still there and working when it does and connection is regained until it restarts again anywhere between 30 secs to 20 minutes later.

Driving me mad lol

Not sure whether it's a dud one or just not fit for purpose.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Rob
Options
2013-02-01 22:37:56
I have to say that the lack of support on these products is astounding. :(
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 3

Related Articles