unusual traffic after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-19 10:03:07 - last edited 2020-07-20 01:23:44
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

Hi

After the latest firmware update, I keep getting the folowing message from Google:

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot.

It doesn't matter what browser I use or what device, as soon as I do a search the above message comes up.

I am not running a VPN and have rebooted the router several times.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Options
7 Reply
Re:unusual traffic after firmware update
2020-07-21 09:25:24

@morneb 

Hello,

May I have a screenshot of the error information?

Are you able to close the error information? If so, can you get the Internet after closing it?

What devices did you try, may I know the model number and Operating System of the devices?

Thank you for your cooperation and have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-27 04:10:45

@Sunshine 

I've got the same problem since the latest firmware update.

Occurs iPhone, iPad, Chromebook and 2x Win10. Stops when connected to other WiFi, tethering or 4g direct on phone. 

Is it sounding compromised?

Firmware Version:1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n Hardware Version:Archer MR600 v1 00000001

Look how it appears in Tether.

Any ideas as to cause, what to do next?  I've reinstalled firmware twice now.!

Thanks

Options
2020-07-28 17:14:08 - last edited 2020-07-28 17:16:46

@Sunshine 

Sunshine wrote

@morneb 

Hello,

May I have a screenshot of the error information?

Are you able to close the error information? If so, can you get the Internet after closing it?

What devices did you try, may I know the model number and Operating System of the devices?

Thank you for your cooperation and have a nice day!

morneb wrote

Hi

After the latest firmware update, I keep getting the folowing message from Google:

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot.

It doesn't matter what browser I use or what device, as soon as I do a search the above message comes up.

I am not running a VPN and have rebooted the router several times.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Have been asking support direct for a solution with no luck.

I honestly think the only solution is to bin the router and get a different brand.

Options
2020-07-28 17:20:55

@Sunshine 

Model: Archer MR600

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

The only way to close it is to do the reCAPTCHA everytime I want to do a search on any device and any browser.

Options
2020-07-30 10:14:42

@morneb @jzm2bjo 

Hi, sorry to make you wait for so long.

For this issue, I have checked it from our senior engineers. Please help confirm the below information:

Please input the SIM card to your phone, then share the hotspot from the phone for other wireless clients, then  try to do a search with google on these clients to check if the issue still happens. This is very important for us.

Thanks for your cooperation and have a nice day!

Options
2020-11-24 21:11:12

@Sunshine 

Hi,

This is happening to me as well on my Archer A7 AC1750 router. This started happening immediately when I switched my router from my old verizon router (literally as I was trying to google how to setup port forwarding on it), and I had never gotten this before. It stopped happening for a while (probably because I answered the captcha enough times), but now it is happening again. This does not happen on my mobile network only on my home network (aka when connected to the router). This happens whether or not I'm using my work VPN and happens on my wife's work VPN as well (different VPN).

Options
2021-07-30 03:09:32

@Sunshine Has there been any resolution to this? I have determined that this is because of the method TP-Link routers handle the 6to4 tunneling, anyone having the problem can make it stop by disabling IPv6, but I want to find out how I can use IPv6 6to4 tunneling and not get this problem, any progress? I get this same error, as well as one that tells me that my method of 6to4 tunneling is being depracated and to shut it off, which is also sourced from google when going to search.

I have a Archer c2300 v1 and unfortunately as there's only ever been 1 firmware update and then it seems the router was 'end of life' and they released a v2 version of the same model. There's 100% no chance there shouldn't have been an update, especially for security reason.

Guess I've learned my lesson though, just don't buy tp-link ever again if I want a device that is maintained even just for a little!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6202

Replies: 7

Related Articles