LAN and Wifi connectivity lost TL-MR3420

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-01 18:38:34
Region : Sweden

Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-MR3420_V1_121123

ISP : Tre

Hi,

I have owned the TL-MR3420 for about six months and never had any problems with it, 3G connection stable enough and wifi and LAN worked properly without any drops.

About one week ago I started experiencing problems. Both wifi and LAN gets disabled and I need to pull the plug and do a hard reset to correct the issue. This only happens after some heavy use, many devices is connected to Wifi, streaming files over the WIfi and so on. A scenario may be the following; there are six devices back home using all using wifi. All of them are not connected at the same time, but four may be; usually three computers and one tablet. The HTPC may do some heavy videostreaming from another computer. When the streaming is over, some devices are shut down then I may lose the WIFI and LAN ability of the router.

The conclusion; when the router relaxes after heavy use it crashes. But this used to work properly before

I have tried connecting with cable after wifi were lost but no IP address where given to it and connection where refused. This means I have no possibility to access the log file in the router, and after reboot the log file is reset.

Router settings is pretty much default.

Is my device broken or is there any setting I may tweak with?
I have updated to latest firmware and tried to change channel without success.

Thanks for reply!
Options
5 Reply
Re:LAN and Wifi connectivity lost TL-MR3420
2013-02-17 16:53:37
it may be faulty. you can also try to factory reset it.
Options
2013-02-18 08:10:11
I have same problem too. and I still don't know how to fix it
Options
2013-02-18 10:42:10
Hi,

Try the mystical 30/30/30 router reset.

It may clear something somewhere not normally cleared. That's the technical description. :)

1. Hold the reset button in for 30 seconds.

2. Whilst holding the button turn the power off and hold for 30 seconds.

3. Whilst still holding the button, turn the power on and hold the button for 30 seconds.

4. Release and allow it to restart.

Otherwise it does appear broken and worthy of a warranty claim?

Most unusual, as the V1 is rock solid in my experience.
Options
2014-09-18 07:05:07

mwood wrote

Hi,

I have owned the TL-MR3420 for about six months and never had any problems with it, 3G connection stable enough and wifi and LAN worked properly without any drops.

About one week ago I started experiencing problems. Both wifi and LAN gets disabled and I need to pull the plug and do a hard reset to correct the issue. This only happens after some heavy use, many devices is connected to Wifi, streaming files over the WIfi and so on. A scenario may be the following; there are six devices back home using all using wifi. All of them are not connected at the same time, but four may be; usually three computers and one tablet. The HTPC may do some heavy videostreaming from another computer. When the streaming is over, some devices are shut down then I may lose the WIFI and LAN ability of the router.

The conclusion; when the router relaxes after heavy use it crashes. But this used to work properly before

I have tried connecting with cable after wifi were lost but no IP address where given to it and connection where refused. This means I have no possibility to access the log file in the router, and after reboot the log file is reset.

Thanks for reply!

Hi mwood,

I'm experiencing this exact same issue.. Did you manage to figure out what it was?
Options
2014-09-18 07:10:50

mwood wrote

Hi,

Thanks for reply!

Hi mwood,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? Please let me know what happened as I am experiencing the same issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 808

Replies: 5