TPLINK Archer C3150 V2 Rebooting on its own

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-24 03:43:08 - last edited 2020-07-24 03:44:53
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 170926 Rel.63400n

I have posted the msg yesterday but unable to see the post now and hence posting again hoping to get some help!

I have purchased the router just 21 days back and it was working fine initially ( using ACT Fibernet connection in Bangalore, India ). Suddenly it stated to reboot on its own in every few minutes and became unusable! I tried to contact RMA also but unable to get any suppport there. I tried the below but without any success.

1. Tried resetting to factory defaults multiple times ( by the reset button ) but did not help

2. Firmware is already latest and up to date

3. Tried different power sockets - same results

4. It is restarting randomly even when wifi is off and only LAN is connected and also when LAN is not connected and Wifi is on.

5. Kept the router idle and without power for 12 hours thinking it may cool down and can work fine after this rest - but did not help

( P.S. - No problem with internet connection as internet is still working fine with other routers )

Hoping someone can help here.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TPLINK Archer C3150 V2 Rebooting on its own
2020-07-24 09:28:15

@JOYDEEP 

Hello, sorry that we cannot find your previous post either.

As per your description, it seems that router is restarting in a loop and it cannot start up successfully at all? If this is the case, you may still need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the device seems faulty. If there is no one answering the phone, please try to contact them in different periods of the workday or try to send an email to the local support:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Good days. 

Options
Re:TPLINK Archer C3150 V2 Rebooting on its own
2020-07-24 16:49:28

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for the reply. My router is starting but it keeps on rebooting itself randomly after every few minutes. In between those minutes it is working fine.The frequency is random ( sometime 2 minutes, sometimes even 20 minutes or so )

I tried to switch off the wifi and connect only LAN for testing purpose, but still the problem is there. It was working absolutely fine for the intial 20 days. I tried to contact support as well as rma over email but still no reply sad

Is there any firmware update/ downgrdae that can fix it ? ( Though it says my firmware is latest, but I just want to test any solution as quickly as possible )

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 719

Replies: 2