Issue streaming to Twitch using Tp-Link AD7200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-27 15:18:59
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 20170103 rel.71053(5553)

When i try to stream to twitch.tv I get packet loss and dropped frames. When I do a speed test on my wired connections I get low upload speeds compared to what im suppose to get. Is there any ports or anything I need to open or anything to make my wired connections run at speed?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue streaming to Twitch using Tp-Link AD7200
2020-07-29 11:58:36

@Budgolem 

Hello,

Sorry to hear the speed is not as good as expected, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. What is the actual speed you get from your ISP and what is that speed when you connect a computer to the ISP modem directly? What is the speed when connected one computer to this AD7200?

2. How did you test this speed via the router? Did you disconnect all the other devices from it and only leave one computer performing the test? How about the wired/wireless negotiation speed on that computer? Please verify it by referring to the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Note: For wired negotiation speed, it is the same; while you need right click on local area connection or ethernet. 

3. Besides, you can refer to the instruction below to narrow down the issue. 

What should I do if internet speed is slow when the device is connected to the TP-Link router?

4. You may also try to change the DNS server to a third-party one on this AD7200 if it is your main router, such as Google's DNS server 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then monitor again.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 775

Replies: 1

Related Articles