Frequent voice cracking and muting observed during MS teams calls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-27 19:20:36
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555)

Hi,

Recently I have purchased Archer c6 router but after configuration of new router frequently I m facing issue of voice cracking and muting during Microsoft teams call and sometime calls get disconnected.

During that time not observed any signal drop or wifi disconnection. Some time observing ping drop and latency during ping test from laptop to router.

Same voice cracking and muting issue observed during voice call from JioMeet app.

Earlier I was using D-Link router but not face such issue so much frequently.

Please suggest.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Frequent voice cracking and muting observed during MS teams calls
2020-07-29 09:43:20

@GaneshT 

Hi, sorry about that.

May I have your current network topology/layout? Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using?

How about the version of the Microsoft Teams, is it the latest version? Is it possible to show us a short video when you try to use the Microsoft Teams call and get voice cracking and muting issue?

What is the operating system of the computer you are running with the Microsoft Teams? Can you try on a different computer?

If the C6 is the main router in your network, please try to change the DNS settings on it to a third-party one such as Google's DNS server 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, reboot the C6 and computer then monitor again.

Thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-07-29 16:01:56

@Kevin_Z 

HI,

Laptop connected Wirelessly to router, router connected to GPON and local ISP fiber connected to GPON.

Who is your ISP --> 3sbs datacom pvt ltd

How about the version of the Microsoft Teams, is it the latest version? --> Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.19173 (64-bit)

What is the operating system of the computer you are running with the Microsoft Teams?--> Windows 10 Enterprise

Can you try on a different computer? --> other laptop dont have MS teams 

Google's DNS server 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, reboot the C6 --> just now I did & will monitor further accordingly will provide feedback.

But here my concern is on same laptop with same ISP I was able to do Teams calls without voice cracking and other disturbance but with this Archer C6 facing so much issue during Voice calls or meeting.

Attached Routers logs where you can see from my laptop freuent IP request observed. but from other devices not observed such request.

Laptop MAc address: e8:6f:38:dc:9a:4d

File:
syslog-2020-07-28.logDownload
Options
2020-07-31 02:46:01

@GaneshT 

Hello, thanks for all the details.

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.         

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-07-29 09:41:19

@GaneshT was issue resolved 

what works or help

Options
2021-07-30 02:31:32

@PatP1 

Do you encounter the same voice cracking issue with the Archer C6 router? You may check the hardware version and firmware version of the router, then try the firmware we provided in the thread, disable the Onemesh feature, then monitor again:

[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network

Options
2021-07-30 12:42:54

@Kevin_Z 

I have Archer C7, tried upgrading firmware 

no help at all

I have Deco S4 , which had same issue, sent it back to TP LINK Chino Hills but waiting on the replacement, same issue with that device even after firmware upgrades

Options
2021-07-30 12:44:23
What I have is TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) ..sorry I mistyped
Options
2021-08-01 08:01:57

@PatP1

Are you sure the issue is from the router?

Try connecting your WAN cable into your PC directly, and see if it will still crackle.

Options
2021-08-01 20:58:26

@ku4eto  directly with modem no issue 

Whenever router is connected archer a7 pr Deco s4

Options
2021-08-02 02:54:49

@PatP1 

Who is your ISP, and what is the model of the modem?

What is the network layout in your house, are the Archer A7 and the Deco S4 in the same network? What if you connect the computer to the A7 directly with cable, will you encounter an issue?

BTW, what is the detailed issue you are experiencing when working with the TP-Link? Please provide more details, then we may confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2125

Replies: 10

Related Articles