Speed reduction (movies by DLNA)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-03 01:12:01
Region : Germany

Model : TL-PA551KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

for several weeks I use TL-PA 551 KIT to connect my UPnP/DLNA Media Server on my PC with my TV set. I have to underline that this is my first powerline device after many WiFi-experiences. I installed Powerline Utility on my PC to control speed. Without transferring media files, the shown rate is at least 200 Mbps. This range is still usual, when I stream image or music files. I can't see any differences when I select video streams, who are sent by internet from local TV stations on my Net TV app (<2 Mbps). Only when I stream videos from my PC/Media Server (8-10 Mbps) I see heavy speed reductions many times: Now the Powerline Utility shows rates <80-100 Mbps. The LED on my devices are getting yellow or even red. Sooner or later, the movie stutters or stops. Is this (break by streaming movies with higher bandwidth) a normal powerline behaviour? Or is something going wrong with my Media Server, so I have to modify settings there? I tested LAN cable without this effect.

I hope you are experienced users so I can find an answer.
Thanks for your support.
Klaus
Options
1 Reply
Re:Speed reduction (movies by DLNA)
2013-02-17 18:24:18
i don't use powerline units in this way. but i think you can try to hook up the TV to the computer or laptop with the ethernet cable to test the issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 1