Poor Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Poor Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Poor Signal
Poor Signal
2020-07-30 05:02:45
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I got three AX1500s and set two of them up in the downstairs of a very large building. They work great and I can get speeds of over 40 mbps on a 50 mbps connection. 

The one I put upstairs won't even connect to rooms that are one or two doors down or cuts in and out. Is is just the shape of the building or are there settings I am missing?

Also, I don't want devices on the network to be able to scan for other devices. I turned off pinging in the security section, but when I use network scanning programs, the devices still come up. Is there a better way on the AX1500?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Poor Signal
2020-07-31 09:18:02

@Mikekk 

Hello,

May I know how would you like to use all these three AX1500s in your network? Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using now? The two in the downstairs are connected by an Ethernet cable or wifi?

The AX1500 is designed to work as a wireless router, WDS/extending a wireless network may not be the best solution. It is suggested to relocate both the downstairs and upstairs and try to find a better signal coverage. 

BTW, Deco mesh system will be a better choice for you, you may have a check:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/deco/

As per your second inquiry, it seems that it is the devices in the LAN respond to that network scanning program, which is not determined by the router. What the router does is transmitting that data as requested.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 1

Related Articles