Not able to login to archer C60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 06:02:17
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I try to login to C60 using the I 192.168.0.1, there is not text box to enter the username. I has ony the password field and its not allowing me to login.

- James

Options
8 Reply
Re:Not able to login to archer C60
2020-07-31 07:09:30

@James_n 

Hello,

Basically, you will be required to create a password when you initially set up the router, you may confirm again with the password you created. BTW, Have you referred to this troubleshooting guide if you cannot log into its web UI?
What should I do if I can’t log into web-based interface of my TP-Link device?

Meanwhile, please show me the hardware version and firmware version of your C60 and the screenshot when you failed to login after type in the correct username and password.

Good day.

Options
2020-07-31 07:32:30

@Kevin_Z 

WHen I enter the web page using the browser, I get a prompt oly to enter the password. no place to enter the user ID. Even though I provided the correct admin password, I Am getting message as incorrect login.

- james

File:
TP Link issue.JPGDownload
Options
2021-05-18 10:07:19

@James_n Facing the same issue. The password i use to login on app doesnot work on webpage. And it simply says logon failure. I have been trying to get login for changing channel of my wifi band but so for unable to access at all.  

P. S I have already hard resetted the Archer C60 twice. 

Options
2021-07-30 15:18:15

@James_n are you having a TP-LINK registered ID bound to cloud? I went through the User Guide for C60 v3 firmware upgrade as I was facing the same thing. I found out that if we have a registered TP-LINK ID then we won't be able to log in via the router password. We need to log in via TP LINK ID.

C60 v3 User Guide ---- Page 16

Options
2021-12-19 19:11:49

@James_n 

Same issue.  C60 - firmware upgrade.  After upgrade no username prompt, only a password box.  Previous password now does not work.  No option to enter username.

Default password does not work,

Router retains it's static IP and WLAN config, but cannot login.

Credentials were registered in TP cloud.

Reset password option says factory reset the unit - not a great start after a firmware upgrade to have to factory reset the device!  Unimpressed.

Factory reset gets no further forward - other than to delete the config entirely.

Does this firmware upgrade contain an unrecoverable bug?

Device now seems unusable.

Options
2021-12-22 06:29:46

@MTUK4 

Hello, are you able to login to the router on the Tether app with your TP-Link account?

When you try to access the router web GUI, is there an option showing as Login with TP-Link ID on the web login page? 

Basically, there is no requirement to reset the device after updating the router firmware, but there are times that the router settings will be restored to the factory due to some significant changes in the new firmware. It seems it could be the case for the Archer C60, and that might be the reason you can no longer login its web interface without a reset.

Options
2021-12-22 09:26:15

@James_n 

The challenge here is that I only get a PASSWORD box.  No username, just password.

There are no other applicable options on the page.

The only link on the page is "forgot password" which gives a popup which says hold the reset button.

When factory reset, I just get a password box.

The original password does not work, nor the default.

Can connect through Ethernet and Wifi but cannot get past the PASSWORD screen

I'd like to understand why there is no username box?  Is this a bug in the new firmware.  It appears from the posts before that this only occurs if the user has an account in the TP-LINK cloud (for using DDNS for example).

I am aware that in some cases, the firmware upgrade will reset factory settings.  I got caught out with this before.  I did backup the config before, but as I can't log in, I can't restore the config.

Options
2021-12-23 03:21:44

@MTUK4 

From my understanding, the newer firmware upgrade changed the web login mechanism and it only requires a password, no need for a username anymore. Please check this FAQ for more details:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/87/

Do you mean you still cannot login by creating a new password even after you hard reset the router? When you press and hold the reset button on the router, will all lights turn off then on in seconds? You can also verify if the reset is successful by trying to search for the wireless networks of the router, does it change to the default, which should be printed on the router label?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2449

Replies: 8

Related Articles