Wireless and wired Internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 18:42:56 - last edited 2020-08-06 04:06:51

Using an Archer C9 router for the access to the Internet, I plugged several adapters and extenders, mostly WPA8630P, throughout the house. Wireless access to the Internet works well, based on SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 MHz transmission. The SSIDs have been given the same, specific name. Now I want to connect certain WIRED devices. Cabling them into the WPA8630P extenders seems to transmit data, but gives no access to the Internet. What is wrong? Do I need to assign a special, different network name to the wired one? Thank you for help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless and wired Internet access
2020-08-07 12:51:38

@Kathy_Z 

Hi Kathy_Z, and thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, the TL-WPA8630P's work well and provide access to the Internet, and I think that I can be sure that the access is via them because my devices (PC, TV, Smartphones, Tablet) are far remote from the C9; actually, it's in another building. The wired connection that I added to the wireless one on my PC seems to be working; as you can see from the pictures that I enclose, both are given IP addresses (by DHCP) in the same network. But as soon as I switch off the wireless access, the remaining wired connection does not provide connection to the Internet. (The Powerline light on the TL-WPA8630P that I connected wired is on.)

Does this help you?

Have a good day and stay safe,

Paul

P.S. The picures show German language, sorry. I trust they can be easily understood anyway...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 3

Related Articles