TL-WPA7510 wifi really slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-02 22:07:37
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20190610 Rel.50850

Hey!

I just bought the powerline kit, but I am having connection issues. As you can see in the images below, even though my service is up to 500mbs, the wifi can't go higher than 5mb.

What should I do to fix it?

Tks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-WPA7510 wifi really slow
2020-08-03 09:07:30

@Kathy_Z 

Hey!

1. Since the TL-WPA7510 is dual-band, is the 0.22M/s—download, 0.62m/S-upload from 2.4ghz, or 5ghz? Have you ever tested the wired Ethernet speed?

It is from the 2,4ghz. But the same happens when using the 5ghz. And the same with Ethernet:

1. If you reset the TL-WPA7510 by holding the reset button for 5s, then pair the adapters again, could you please check the wireless speed again?

I've tried several times and still the problem persists.

1. By the way, if you try to plug the two adapters in the same room, would the power-line rate(202M/S) get higher, and Wi-Fi speed gets much better?

It gets faster, but still much slower than expected:

Finally, please also try to modify the wireless channel for the 2.4ghz(such as channel 11, channel width 40mhz) and 5ghz(channel 40, channel width 80mhz) on the web interface:

It got faster, but still slower than expected (using 5ghz connection):

What should I do more?

Tks!

Options
2020-08-05 09:14:02

Hey @Kathy_Z! Any news? Tks!

Options
2020-08-06 10:57:37

@Kathy_Z Thanks!

Sorry for pushing, but I bought this kit while on vacations so I could configure my internet connection before starting home office again next week.

The sooner I fix it, the better. Do you think I can have the assistance still this week?

Tks!

Options
2022-01-30 14:04:01

Hi @carrapatoso 

I have exactly the same problem. I have 2 kits WPA7510 at home. Although the TP-Link tpPLC app shows speeds of 500 to 800Mbps between the 4 units, I can hardly get above 120 Mbps from one computer to another connected directly to the gigabit port (using Ethernet cables). This is little more than 10% of the expected (and announced). This happens even if I get all the units close on the same room, directly connected to the wall, and near the main electric board. 

All the units are using the last available version of the software:

HW: TL-WPA7510 v2.0

SW: 2.0.2 Build 20190610 Rel.50850

How did you solve this ? 

@Kathy_Z is there any solution ? Otherwise I will have to return the units to Media Markt (the provider). 

Thank you 

BR, 

M

Options
2022-03-29 10:54:25

@carrapatoso There's two separate issues here:

1) Powerline bandwidth

2) WiFi signal

1) Firstly in terms of Powerline speeds, from what I've learnt online, the real-world bandwidth will be determined by your electrical wiring, for instance whether:

- the devices are on the same physical electrical circuit or separate ones.

- plugged straight into the plug socket or power bars

I live in a Victorian terrace that uses old wiring, and I've discovered that my electrical wiring is split into multiple circuits across the house (for my plug sockets). So the front room (where my router is located), is on a separate ring to that of the rest of the house. From what I've discovered online, it seems that Powerline works less efficiently in this kind of scenario unfortunately. You can confirm your wiring by checking your fuse box.

In my scenario, recently upgraded my broadband to G.FAST (over 120Mbps) and couldn't understand why I still couldn't get more than 80/90Mbps from the back of the house-even using a cabled connection. So I performed iPerf tests between the powerline devices (using Ethernet cables only) and found with the hub in my front room, and another powerline unit in my lounge (literally the next room), I could only get 90Mbps bandwidth-because each powerline device was located on a different electrical circuit.  Whereas when I placed both Powerline units in the same room of the house (ie. on the same electrical ring), I was able to get 250Mbps of bandwidth.  So not an ideal outcome. However, for everyday needs, the reality is that 80Mbps does the job. The only real solution to this is to get my wiring re-done (to merge the circuitry), or to pull up my floorboards and run CAT6 structured cabling throughout my house, then use wired access points-instead of Powerline.

2) WiFi 

I recommend learning about the concept of non-overlapping channels, and downloading some software to scan the network in your area. My top tips are:

-Scan the WiFi networks in your area with some software, to get an idea which WiFi channels are least congested or unused. I used Metageeks inSSIDer software for this purpose. Their website also has an 'education' section that talks about how WiFi works and how to design it to be as efficient as possible.

-Don't use repeater mode, use 'AP' mode for each WiFi Powerline device

-2.5GHz is commonly over-utilised, so 5GHz is the preferable option generally.

-Split your WiFi network into two separate SSIDs - one purely for 2.5GHz and the other for 5GHz, so that most devices can use the faster and less congested 5GHz network. 

-Keep your power settings to the minimum to avoid picking up noise from neighbouring APs on the same channel. Avoid the temptation to have everything on maximum power, it'll just introduce more noise onto the network and slow down your bandwidth.

-Keep your settings static, but change them if you notice issues-until you end up with a fairly stable setup-Keep each 'AP' on a different channel. Make sure you rescan the network when this happens.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1711

Replies: 7

Related Articles