LTE as backup for WAN connection to antenna / modem with a fixed IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-04 11:27:45 - last edited 2020-08-05 01:53:42
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

i intend to by an MR600 AC 1200 to solve the following problem:

I have an internet connection in Spain with a 5G receivin antenna on the roof (provider aeromax). The modem for this in front oy my Fritz.Box 4040 (AVM) - connection modem with WAN connection of them AVM Fritz.Box 4040.

I have a staic IP adress from the provider for this internet connection (IP: 217.xx.xxx.xx).

The transmitting antenna is a few kilometers from my house.

Unfortunately, the connection / provider is relatively unstable or there are often problems,

Question;

Can i use the MR600 as a replacement for the AVM Fritz.Box 4040 and in the event of a fault on the WAN connection (i.e. no internet to the modem / antenna) establish an LTE connection as a backup?

As soon as (or after a defined time) the "normal" Internet connection is available again via the WAN connection, the router should switch over automatically.

Feasible with the MR600?

Feedback would be grat.

Many thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:LTE as backup for WAN connection to antenna / modem with a fixed IP address
2020-08-10 09:25:16

@BeckersH 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your patience.

It is ok for the MR600 works as a wireless router with 3/4g as the backup connection.

Such as

Thank you~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 768

Replies: 1