AX50 Change channel auto

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50 Change channel auto

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX50 Change channel auto
AX50 Change channel auto
2020-08-07 13:09:30
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Hello,

After scanning Wi-fi channels I´ve seen most of my neighbours have their 5Ghz Wi-fi on channel 36, so I decided to move to an empty channel which it will be a DFS channel and I have read in other topics about routers sending signal to check radar etc... and all the routers should obey the law, but the problem is that never comes back to the channel I had set up, always stays in channel 36. I have done speed tests and when been on channel 36 with others Wi-fi signals and my Max. speed is not higher than 430Mbs while been on a DFS channel on my own it is over 800Mbs nearly 900Mbs (my speed broadband is 1Gb).

Did anyone find a solution? Any help from TP-Link support? Any manually solution or firmware? Do I need to return my devide and go for another brand?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX50 Change channel auto
2020-08-08 18:24:01

@Ayuwokin 

Have same problem but received no help from tp-link (see link below). Return it if you can and go with another brand (Asus AX-88U for example).

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/204116?page=1

Options
Re:AX50 Change channel auto
2020-08-08 23:16:44

Before I decided to get the AX50 I went to great lengths on Google to find information about which of the available Wifi 6 routers with 160 MHz bandwidth support has the best implementation of DFS, but I didn't really find anything helpful.

For some reason product reviewers on the internet don't seem to bother to test how well (or not well frown) a router's DFS implementation works, which is a real pity, since a good DFS logic is so all-important for a 160 MHz router. In Europe, and perhaps elsewhere too, you can't have a bandwidth of 160 MHz without using DFS channels.

In the end I went with the AX50 mainly because of its Intel chipset. Basically I blindly trusted the Intel brand.

TP-Link have been helpful in the way that they are giving out beta versions of firmware meant to address the problem. I have already tried out a few, but so far none of them has changed the behavior.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1630

Replies: 2

Related Articles