Archer AX10 AX1500, 2.4GHz band slow, multiple setting changes, tested 2 net services and routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX10 AX1500, 2.4GHz band slow, multiple setting changes, tested 2 net services and routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 AX1500, 2.4GHz band slow, multiple setting changes, tested 2 net services and routers
2021-10-20 15:20:45

Did anyone find any solution for this? Also how many devices can AX10 support in 2.4g relaiblly? 

Options
Re:Archer AX10 AX1500, 2.4GHz band slow, multiple setting changes, tested 2 net services and routers
2021-10-20 15:29:39

@sheminasalam 

Yes, I found a solution. I replaced with a Linksys. I fucked with this TP Link's setting for a year, and then, finally, out of warranty, bit the bullet and just bought a different router. I went with one of the cheaper WiFi 6 routers from Linksys and have been problem free since. My only complaint really is that's its a "smart" router and this auto assigns devices to its different bands. You can't manually choose. Even still, it's been a pretty good experience. 

Options
2022-04-20 18:13:04

Problem is annoying,

My old AC1500 Tenda was working great

200 mbps for my phones, 300 mbps for my laptops, all ok, no loss of data

I changed my routher with the Archer AX10 v1.0

i have 200 mbps for my phones(AC/AGN), 500 mbps for my laptops (AX)

But my applications on my phone have a laag that require several minutes to open. (FB, Lidl, Kaufland, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc)

If i change back to the old router, all is fast and well

I believe the advertising for Wi-Fi6 was a bit too early, as it is worse than BGN/AGN bands.

Options
2022-05-31 16:25:05 - last edited 2022-05-31 16:26:36

@CalinRodean 

Same here. My Pixel 6 Pro is frequently showing 5/5 Mbps for send and receive transfer rates, whenever I'm far enough from the router for the phone to switch to 2.4Ghz Wifi.

Laptop (a 2021 DELL XPS) also reports the following when slightly more distant from the router (upstairs):

rx rate: 2.0 Mbit/s                                                                                  │
│tx rate: 5.5 Mbit/s

My previous Tenda AC8, which was only WiFi 5 AC1200, performed much better. Actually I still have it, connected it to my ISP's modem, and in the same spots of the house where the AX10 provides a few Mbps, with the Tenda I'm getting close or exceeding to 100Mbps. Speed test confirms this also, and in general latency seems much better as well (I can tap a video inside the yt app and it opens instantly, whereas on the AX10 I have to wait for a fraction of a second while the wheel spins).

I have a 1Gbps fiber connection, ISP isn't the problem. This router clearly has some issues with 2.4Ghz WiFi.

Unfortunately I'm outside the return window, and the Tenda has another issue which makes it not usable anymore.

I've ordered a Tp Link C80 which is a downgrade from the AX10 in many regards, but at least it advertises 600Mbps in 2.4Ghz, so I hope they paid special attention to that aspect on this model.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-c80/v1/

Options
2022-06-02 08:51:28

andreaippo wrote

@CalinRodean 

Same here. My Pixel 6 Pro is frequently showing 5/5 Mbps for send and receive transfer rates, whenever I'm far enough from the router for the phone to switch to 2.4Ghz Wifi.

Laptop (a 2021 DELL XPS) also reports the following when slightly more distant from the router (upstairs):

rx rate: 2.0 Mbit/s                                                                                  │
│tx rate: 5.5 Mbit/s

My previous Tenda AC8, which was only WiFi 5 AC1200, performed much better. Actually I still have it, connected it to my ISP's modem, and in the same spots of the house where the AX10 provides a few Mbps, with the Tenda I'm getting close or exceeding to 100Mbps. Speed test confirms this also, and in general latency seems much better as well (I can tap a video inside the yt app and it opens instantly, whereas on the AX10 I have to wait for a fraction of a second while the wheel spins).

I have a 1Gbps fiber connection, ISP isn't the problem. This router clearly has some issues with 2.4Ghz WiFi.

Unfortunately I'm outside the return window, and the Tenda has another issue which makes it not usable anymore.

I've ordered a Tp Link C80 which is a downgrade from the AX10 in many regards, but at least it advertises 600Mbps in 2.4Ghz, so I hope they paid special attention to that aspect on this model.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-c80/v1/

@andreaippo Can you please confirm both the Pixel 6 Pro and the Laptop (a 2021 DELL XPS) are connecting to the 2.4G network? How about the signal strength, is it good or bad on both devices?

Have you ever tried to modify the 2.4G wireless network settings, such as channel, channel width, and security? Please try installing a Wi-Fi analyzer on the laptop to review the 2.4G networks and check what are the channels, then try one that has less interference with others and monitor the connectivity again. You can follow this guide to check more settings.

It's also suggested to keep the router firmware up-to-date.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-06-03 08:42:12

@Kevin_Z Hello, yes both are connected to the 2.4 band and the signal is weak cause it's upstairs.

The router seems to do a good job at picking the least congested channel, but still it's not able to provide satisfactory bandwidth. At this point I suppose it's just a limit of its antennas, and I'm going to sell it.

Firmware is up to date.

For the record, I received the TPLink C80 and set it up yesterday, and the bandwidth it provides in the same spots of my house is considerably better (tx/rx rates are always above 50Mbps, VS 5 on the AX10). Speed tests also confirmed that this bandwidth is real and usable. Unfortunately it's not a WiFi6 router, but for sure those bigger antennas perform considerably better.

Options
2022-06-06 08:06:05

andreaippo wrote

@Kevin_Z Hello, yes both are connected to the 2.4 band and the signal is weak cause it's upstairs.

The router seems to do a good job at picking the least congested channel, but still it's not able to provide satisfactory bandwidth. At this point I suppose it's just a limit of its antennas, and I'm going to sell it.

Firmware is up to date.

For the record, I received the TPLink C80 and set it up yesterday, and the bandwidth it provides in the same spots of my house is considerably better (tx/rx rates are always above 50Mbps, VS 5 on the AX10). Speed tests also confirmed that this bandwidth is real and usable. Unfortunately it's not a WiFi6 router, but for sure those bigger antennas perform considerably better.

@andreaippo Thank you for replying with the detailed information again.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Related Articles