Archer C50 Frequent connected but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-09 20:36:07
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Archer C50(EU)_V4_200608

i purchased the archer C50 weeks ago and we have this recurring problem. this is my setup
Huawei B315s-938 LTE modem > Archer C50.
my issue is that once in a while say 2x a day we get this notice on our devices "connected but no internet" but if we connect directly to the huawei modem, there is internet connection. 
we also noticed that whenever there is "connected but no internet" notice we access the web UI of huawei B315 through the one of the devices that is connected to the archer c50 then toggle the data on and off after which the "connected but no internet" notice disappears and normal connection resumes.  but take note this happens almost everyday and doing so in a multiple daily basis is very time consuming.

but whenever we put it into AP mode there is no connectivity issue whatsoever. 
i have tried everything from factory reseting the B315 and the Archer C50. please i badly need help.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C50 Frequent connected but no internet
2020-08-10 02:40:08

@Mattwazowski 

Hello,

As per your description, it seems more like the Huawei B315s-938 LTE modem refused to assign IP to the C50 after working for a period of time, please help confirm below:

1. Have you ever tried to connect another self-purchased router to this Huawei B315s-938 LTE modem, was it working fine?

2. When the internet stopped working on the C50, is there a WAN IP address? Please show me the screenshot.

3. When the internet stops working on the C50 again, please log into its web interface and save the whole log from when it stops to the internet is back again after toggling the data on and off, then send me the system log.

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-10 12:57:00

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Mattwazowski 

Hello,

As per your description, it seems more like the Huawei B315s-938 LTE modem refused to assign IP to the C50 after working for a period of time, please help confirm below:

1. Have you ever tried to connect another self-purchased router to this Huawei B315s-938 LTE modem, was it working fine?

2. When the internet stopped working on the C50, is there a WAN IP address? Please show me the screenshot.

3. When the internet stops working on the C50 again, please log into its web interface and save the whole log from when it stops to the internet is back again after toggling the data on and off, then send me the system log.

Thanks.

the reason why we bought the archer c50 is that our TL-Wr840n started acted up just like this the "connected but no internet" issue.

Yes there is WAN IP address

Not much info on the system logs but i attached the system logs here. 

Another observation is that it usually happens when another device connects to the archer c50 but afterwards the internet connection resumes normally, it slows down and the "connected but no internet" notice appears but after a few minutes or turning on and off our wifi on the devices a few times the notice also disappears. 

File:
log.txtDownload
Options
2020-08-10 13:03:11
And may i also add, Whenever it is on AP mode we dont experience any connection interruptions whatsoever.
Options
2020-08-11 10:31:17

@Mattwazowski 

Hello,

As per the screenshot you attached, it seems that the WAN connection type is Static IP when the C50 works in Router mode, may I know why and is it possible to change it to Dynamic IP?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-11 11:01:26

@Kevin_Z 
Ah yes, I have been troubleshooting since last week, i tried dynamic IP and now static IP, but still the connected but no internet notice is still there. 

Options
2020-08-12 01:43:46

@Mattwazowski 

Hi, sorry about that.

This case will be escalated to the engineers as they may help further investigate, please check your email box and respond, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1259

Replies: 6