Strange connectivity issue only on one device.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-10 09:45:11 - last edited 2020-08-11 01:15:06
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.16.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 191223 Rel.66638n

Hi everyone,
Im going crazy over this for the last couple of months. I have tplink tl-mr6400 4g router and all the devices I have from laptops to mobile phones connect over wifi to it and have normal internet access, except my phone - s10+. I am not a network expert but i know my way around hardware and software and have tried everything i could think of: factory reseting router and phone, changeing simcards and network providers in the router, changeing every setting I could think of bit the problem remains. It is a weird problem because my phone says it is connected to wifi with internet but i cannot open (almost) any website. Maybe a few websites do open but most of them dont, including google and any other major website. When i run speedtest on my phone i get download around 15mbps but upload is 0mbps. I have tried usong a vpn but no change, except at the very moment the vpn connects my whatsapp messages come trough, but whatsapp doesnt work otherwise... There are more weird examples but bottom line is it seems the phone can download but cannot upload, so nothing or almost nothing works. There is no other wifi network my phone doesnt work on and no other device connected to the router that has any connectivity issues.
I am going insane with this, hope someone smarter than me has some ideas on how to additionaly troubleshoot or fix this...

Update: tried using vpn again after writing this and I could access everything. This was never the case before and i tried it dozens of times...
Seems Thunder VPN and a few other free vpns struggle to work within this network and after working once after installing none of them work anymore... All issue still remain without vpn...

Update 2:
Cannot get anything to work over vpn anymore either. Tried 4 different von apps, 3 free one premium. All of them connect to vpn server and show upload download speed. All of them which have network test or speed test integrated complete the test successfully but sppeedtest app upload still at 0, most pages not opening. On one of the last vps attempts i could for example open google.hr but not google.com

Options
1 Reply
Re:Strange connectivity issue only on one device.
2020-08-18 01:07:17

@clkd 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

We might need your help to check the following information:

1. Is it Samsung S10+?
  2. Please check the IP address on the S10+;
  3. If you try to ping the websites that you cannot access, what would you get?

Then, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Modify the DNS settings on the modem;
  2. There would be beta firmware to fix the MTU size issue, if all above failed, we could have a try on the beta firmware;

Thank you!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 800

Replies: 1

Related Articles