Problem with Airtel 4G Sim, Net Disconnects and Reconnects Frequently so does my Mobile WiFi.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with Airtel 4G Sim, Net Disconnects and Reconnects Frequently so does my Mobile WiFi.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-15 14:47:04 - last edited 2020-08-28 03:47:27
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190730 RC.59984n

Hello,

I have just bought TL-MR6400 in India and popped Airtel 4G LTE sim in there, it worked fine for a while and then LTE net drops and reconnects, when the net disconnects my wifi on all devices disconnects and reconnects. I assigned a static IP and still same, further after multiple disconnections mobile stopped reconnecting giving msg “frequent wifi disconnections". Despite all affords the problem still persist.

I was using the same sim card on my mobile phone without any issues.

Further just to confirm what’s going on I pinged the Airtel IP and found as the IP changes there is a quick drop in connection which results the above scenario. 

Hope to get help soon.

Thanks and regards, Sid.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problem with Airtel 4G Sim, Net Disconnects and Reconnects Frequently so does my Mobile WiFi.-Solution
2020-08-16 20:59:46 - last edited 2020-08-28 03:47:27

@Sid-Alve hey man. I got the same issue as well with Airtel 4G & every 4G sim. I live in a very remote area.

Here's how I fixed this same issue. First, you need to understand that 4G uses connection from multiple tower, always on the looking for the best connection from multiple sources of towers. Your router can only take from single source tho, since it's not 4G+ router like MR600, but within the tower itself there'll be a lot of Band inconsistency. Sometimes 40, sometimes 3 and sometimes 1 etc., Here's what you gotta do.

1. Find a good spot for your device. Use your phone and use this app called Network Cell Info, which will provide you with Band details and SNR and signal strength. 

2. Once you found your spot, you need to lock your band on your router. It consistently changes, that results in the IP Address inconsistency. Here in India, Band 40 gives you the best speed and connection, but it is unstable. If you're getting Band 40 without signal drops, lock to 40. Band 3, stable and good enough speed. I'm personally locked to Band 3 (gives me 8mbps down and 4mbps up), which is more than enough for me to play multiplayer games from my PS4 (warzone at 90ms to 120ms without Packet Loss), since that's the best I got here where I'm from. Band 1, okay speed, and most stable. Update - after posting this, played a Warzone game at 80 - 90ms with Zero Packet Loss & "Open" NAT Type and my IP Address from the tower has been the same for more than 18 hours. 

3. You cannot lock band from Stable firmware yet. I'm using MR400, and there's a Beta Firmware that allows me to Band Lock. So, you gotta search for a firmware that allows you to do that. Ask the support team or draft a mail to them. I'm pretty sure there might be a Beta Firmware that will allow you to band lock and help you with a stable connection.

Peace. ✌🏾

Update - Here's the firmware link from the support team. This is what I have used for my MR400 as well.

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202007/20200714/LTE_GATEWAYv3_1.11.0_0.9.1_up_boot(200325)_2020-06-12_15.48.55.zip

Note: This beta firmware is working for MR200(EU) V3/V4, MR400(EU) V2/V3, MR6400(EU) V3/V4

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Problem with Airtel 4G Sim, Net Disconnects and Reconnects Frequently so does my Mobile WiFi.-Solution
2020-08-16 20:59:46 - last edited 2020-08-28 03:47:27

@Sid-Alve hey man. I got the same issue as well with Airtel 4G & every 4G sim. I live in a very remote area.

Here's how I fixed this same issue. First, you need to understand that 4G uses connection from multiple tower, always on the looking for the best connection from multiple sources of towers. Your router can only take from single source tho, since it's not 4G+ router like MR600, but within the tower itself there'll be a lot of Band inconsistency. Sometimes 40, sometimes 3 and sometimes 1 etc., Here's what you gotta do.

1. Find a good spot for your device. Use your phone and use this app called Network Cell Info, which will provide you with Band details and SNR and signal strength. 

2. Once you found your spot, you need to lock your band on your router. It consistently changes, that results in the IP Address inconsistency. Here in India, Band 40 gives you the best speed and connection, but it is unstable. If you're getting Band 40 without signal drops, lock to 40. Band 3, stable and good enough speed. I'm personally locked to Band 3 (gives me 8mbps down and 4mbps up), which is more than enough for me to play multiplayer games from my PS4 (warzone at 90ms to 120ms without Packet Loss), since that's the best I got here where I'm from. Band 1, okay speed, and most stable. Update - after posting this, played a Warzone game at 80 - 90ms with Zero Packet Loss & "Open" NAT Type and my IP Address from the tower has been the same for more than 18 hours. 

3. You cannot lock band from Stable firmware yet. I'm using MR400, and there's a Beta Firmware that allows me to Band Lock. So, you gotta search for a firmware that allows you to do that. Ask the support team or draft a mail to them. I'm pretty sure there might be a Beta Firmware that will allow you to band lock and help you with a stable connection.

Peace. ✌🏾

Update - Here's the firmware link from the support team. This is what I have used for my MR400 as well.

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202007/20200714/LTE_GATEWAYv3_1.11.0_0.9.1_up_boot(200325)_2020-06-12_15.48.55.zip

Note: This beta firmware is working for MR200(EU) V3/V4, MR400(EU) V2/V3, MR6400(EU) V3/V4

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Problem with Airtel 4G Sim, Net Disconnects and Reconnects Frequently so does my Mobile WiFi.
2020-08-18 08:15:42
@raghavadhithya - Thank you man, Life savior. Using the BETA firmware for locking the Band 3 worked liked a charm for me. I have been struggling with the unstable internet for almost 1 year HW Version: Archer MR600 v1 00000001
Options
Re:Problem with Airtel 4G Sim, Net Disconnects and Reconnects Frequently so does my Mobile WiFi.
2020-08-18 14:49:18

@Sivakumaar I'm glad I could be of help. ☺️

Options
2020-08-20 07:49:26

@raghavadhithya thanks for your help and providing firmware, Will try and let you know soon. Thanks again.

Options
2020-08-21 17:50:19 - last edited 2020-08-21 17:50:51

Wil (beta firmware)l this sure works for india model?

Options
2020-08-22 13:01:17

@Mkr Most definitely they should.

Options
2020-08-23 18:36:50

@raghavadhithya tried the firmware today worked like a charm, thanks a lot for your support.

raghavadhithya wrote

Peace. ✌🏾

Options
2021-12-30 16:39:00

@Sid-Alve i am using mr600 and Airtel 4G sim. The issue with me is totally different. I have 2 airtel 4G sims. One is for calling and one is for Data Only sim card of Airtel. The issue is when i am using data only sim card on my mr600, the connection gets dropped frequently. But with the sim with calling facility it works fine. But when i am using the data only sim on a different modem Airtel, it works fine. But that modem is not dual band. Can anyone help me in this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7689

Replies: 8