Archer TX3000E not working if not unplugged from motherbase

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-18 14:04:58
Model: Archer TX3000E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I recently bought the model Archer TX300E to replace my old TP Link PCI Express card in order to improve my internet connection. I installed in the same PCI slot than the old but once I start the computer the wifi card is not detected.

I followed all the instructions and advices told here in the forum (updating the BIOS, installing the new drivers, trying it in the safe mode, etc) but it did not work, so I requested a replacement just in case there was a hardware issue.

But it happened the same, the old card it works but not the Archer. Yesterday I discovered a way to make it work, but it's not "confortable":

- Unplug the card from the PCI slot

- Plug it again, then if I refresh the hardware list in the hardware administrator it appears, but with the error code number 12.

- Disable the card in the harware admin

- Enable it again

- Restart the computer (not shut down)

And then it's detected! the problem is if I shut down the computer, the next time I switch it on the card is not detected anymore. Got all the drivers updated for everything, so I don't know which can be the issue.

My motherboard is the Gigabyte Aorus X470 ultra gaming.

I am thinking about to reinstall Windows and see if then it works.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer TX3000E not working if not unplugged from motherbase
2020-08-18 14:39:33

@Estradacrm 

Hi 

I have advise in another thread that this adaptor needs a network driver "netwtw.sys" to engage with Windows 10.

In my case this conflicts with the existing internet wifi driver for Asus Rog Strix Z390.

This simple fact stops the system installing from a dvd backup or indeed from Windows 10 DVD new installation, as it requires a working net connection.!

The answer is to disable the internal exisitng wifi 1 , which can only be done after Windows 10 is installed.

The TX3000E adaptor can then be installed and used ( IN my case provided the internal wifi is disabled )

If it wasnt for the good resulting wifi connection , I would have returned it !!

Wifi1 and Wifi 2 working in tandem cause other problems !

Options
2020-08-22 18:14:53

@Tweakfiend hi,

I only have the new card installed since I reinstalled Windows, so there is no issue regarding conflict between both cards.

What could it be? It still only works if I follow the steps I mentioned in my post

Options
2021-06-16 01:56:20

@Estradacrm 

Hi may I know this problem u fix already? Cuz I also encountered the same problems, I had been request for replacement 2 times, but also the same 

Options
2021-06-21 08:39:09

@JohnChong978 Hello, 

Please check my reply on your original post here, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2942

Replies: 5