Archer A6 WDS setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A6 WDS setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer A6 WDS setup
Archer A6 WDS setup
2020-08-18 20:04:39 - last edited 2020-08-22 21:06:35
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

I'm trying to set up a WDS connection so I can work with my router without the ethernet cable plugged to it. I found the way to enable WDS option under advance options / system parameters. Now the option is enabled as you can see on the attached image but once I disconnect the ethernet cable it stops transmitting. What can I do to make it work as a repeater without ethernet cables? Any ideas are very appreciated.  

PS: I deleted my network info on the image, but it's been already set up on my router.   

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A6 WDS setup-Solution
2020-08-19 05:36:18 - last edited 2020-08-22 21:06:35

@DxMoto 

Hello,

If you want to connect this Archer A6 wirelessly to your existing wireless router, you can enable the WDS bridging function to give it a go:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

May it help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer A6 WDS setup-Solution
2020-08-19 05:36:18 - last edited 2020-08-22 21:06:35

@DxMoto 

Hello,

If you want to connect this Archer A6 wirelessly to your existing wireless router, you can enable the WDS bridging function to give it a go:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

May it help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer A6 WDS setup
2020-08-22 21:07:21
it worked only I had to give the router a different network name. Thanks for all your help.
Options
2020-08-22 23:22:19
Update: it was working fine for two hours and then it stopped transmitting. My IP is dynamic. Could it be that?
Options
2020-08-26 01:53:21

@DxMoto 

Hello,

You can give the A6 the same name as on your main wireless router.

If the WDS connection is not stable, please check below:

1. When the A6 stops working, with your computer connected to it, please check if you still get an IP address/gateway from it.

2. Ensure the internet connection on your main wireless router is stable, you may connect a phone or laptop to it and confirm.

3. How far away between the 2 routers? Try to move the A6 closer to the main router.

4. Ensure that the firmware of the A6 is up-to-date. 

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5700

Replies: 4

Related Articles