WPA8630P Kit + WPA7510 Kit - Doubt and Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-19 04:25:23
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: WPA8630P 2.0.3 Build 20171018 Rel.36564/ WPA7510 2.0.2 Build 20190610 Rel.50850

My network:

TL-WPA8630P KIT

TL-WPA7510 KIT

Where the TL-PA8010 (comes from the WPA8630P KIT) is the one that is plugged into the router.

1st installation was of the TL-WPA8630P Kit and then a week later adding the WPA7510 Kit

DOUBT:

Without having to create a "Guest Network"

Can you give different SSIDs for each of the WIFI extenders?

If I rename the SSIDs in both 2.4Hz and 5Hz of the WPA860P, it also changes the SSIDs of the WPA7510 Wifi extender and vice versa.

PROBLEM:

Using the tpPLC application (on Mac), I cannot get into the WPA7510. Neither in Basic Mode as Advanced.

In both modes, when I enter

Name: admin

Password: admin

It gives me an error (image 1), I have even reset the device with the factory settings. It only lets me go online, where it only asks for my password.

If I go to the website and go to: System Tools / Account Management (image 2) it does not allow me to enter a username, it only allows me to change the password.

This in the WPA8630P does not happen. It lets me enter by means of username and password and then in System Tools / Account Management it lets me change Username and password (Image 3).

Any ideas?

Image 1 - User Error

Image 2. WPA7510 Wifi Extender. Does not give option to change username.

Image 3 WPA8630P Wifi Extender.

Options
6 Reply
Re:WPA8630P Kit + WPA7510 Kit - Doubt and Problem
2020-08-19 05:47:07

@Frank_TP 

Hello, Good day.

Please refer to the following information

1. Without having to create a "Guest Network”, Can you give different SSIDs for each of the WIFI extenders?

Answer: Yes. Actually the default SSIDs on TL-WPA8630 and TL-WPA7510 are already different. But because of the Wi-Fi moving feature(changing on SSID, the other would be auto sync), we might need to disable the Wi-Fi move first, such as https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1422/

1. For the second question, in order to see more details on the web interface, could you please change to the English version, thank you in advance.

If possible, please reset the TL-WPA7510 by holding the pair button for 10, then pair again to see if there is any way to change the login username and password.

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-08-19 16:10:55

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

First SSID perfect. I change Move OFF and Now I have diferentes SSID. Thanks!!!

Second. I have held down the PAIR (No hole of Reset) button of the WPA7510 for more than ten seconds and then I have returned to pair and it remains the same.

admin

admin 

Error

I don´t show the option change Name user.

Options
2020-08-24 01:11:02

@Frank_TP 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your reply.

It seems like on the web interface, it only allowed to change the password and the username already needed to be admin.

So if you just change the password, are you able to log in with username admin and a different password?

For other details, later I would also check with our senior engineers to see if it is normal for the TL-WPA7510 only available to change the password, not the username.

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-08-24 15:02:45

@Solla-topee 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes. it only allowed to change the password. I don't have the option to change the username.

So if you just change the password, are you able to log in with username admin and a different password?

No. I have only option log in with password. I don't have option log in with username. Look image 1 (WEB LOG IN)

If I try log in by tpPLC by Basic o advanced ...In Username: admin / Password: admin ...ERROR.

Thanks,

Options
2020-08-31 09:21:36

@Frank_TP 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

After reset, can you use admin/admin to log into the web interface, or the Web interface only requires the password?

If you use the new login password you have changed, and the default username admin, are you able to log in via Utility?

PS: if you are not able to log into the utility, you could also go to Wireless > Wi-Fi Move and turn off the Wi-Fi move feature;

And on the user guide of the TL-WPA7510KIT v2, there Is an option to change both the username and password, but I am not sure why it is not on the actual web interface.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Options
2020-09-02 21:19:51

@Solla-topee 

After reset, can you use admin/admin to log into the web interface, or the Web interface only requires the password?

No. Interface requires both.Username & Password. I use admin & passaword and ERROR

If you use the new login password you have changed, and the default username admin, are you able to log in via Utility?

No. Antother time ERROR

PS: if you are not able to log into the utility, you could also go to Wireless > Wi-Fi Move and turn off the Wi-Fi move feature;

I already had that option changed to OFF.

And on the user guide of the TL-WPA7510KIT v2, there Is an option to change both the username and password, but I am not sure why it is not on the actual web interface.

It is impossible through the interface because to begin with it does not even let me enter.

Thanks Solla :-(

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 826

Replies: 6