Lan and wifi devices don't see each other, no ping and no data transfer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lan and wifi devices don't see each other, no ping and no data transfer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:Lan and wifi devices don't see each other, no ping and no data transfer
2020-11-18 02:02:42

@0z3r07 

One thing that I find even more interesting is how the tp-link router has a Reboot Schedule, so you can perform a scheduled reboot on a REGULAR basis, not something like a scheduled reboot after hours.  It doesnt even have the capability to setup a single scheduled reboot, but something that you would have to set to do every day/week/month set for a after-hours time to reboot, then turn off the scheduled reboot the next day.  

Anyway, I think that rebooting a device is like killing a fly with a hammer, it works but it is way overkill.  I would like to figure out what is going on and not just reboot.

-Dan

Options
2020-11-24 01:09:58

I just bought the router on the weekend and I'm having a similar issue connecting to my old printer. My wired connections could see it but my laptops on WiFi could not. 

The printer (Brother MFC-J450DW Printer) is on WiFi as well.

I found turning off WMF fixed the issue. The WiFi adapters on these old devices probably can't handle it.

Options
2021-01-15 14:30:20 - last edited 2021-01-15 14:31:05

@Mackem Thanks for sharing this, I had the same problem and turning off [Wireless Multicast Forwarding]this fixed the issue and now I'm able to see the printers. This setting when turned ON affected 2 printers and 3 TVs and 2 Sound system units. I did research for a few days and found other threads complaining about this issue but it looks like this started with the latest firmware Build 20200716 rel.84595(5553). I hope TP-Link realize this and fix it as I was about to return it and leave bad reviews everywhere.

Options
2021-01-15 23:57:24
I had the same issue as GeoGeo. I am using an AX6000 with firmware 1.1.1. build 20200714 rel 18254(5553). The Wireless Multicast Forwarding was under IPTV and I didn't have IPTV enabled so I didn't think this setting was applicable.
Options
2021-01-16 04:18:10

@Airdale_Sailor 

Their tech team reached out and has provided me with a beta firmware addressing this issue. I reluctantly, installed it out of desperation, and haven't experienced any hiccups so far...don't want to jinx myself. ha

Options
2021-03-06 15:36:19

I'm seeing this issue as well. Had a problem with a previous TP-Link router that would periodically drop 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, so the first thing I checked was to make sure that both 5 GHz networks as well as the 2.4 GHz network were still on the air. They are.

Next, I ran an IP Scanner to see what devices were accessible from my computer when the problem occurred. Most of my devices were gone... the devices can get to the internet, and I can ping them from the router, but I can't see them from my computer. It didn't matter whether they were on either of the 5 GHz networks, or the 2.4 GHz network. My biggest problems are that I can't access my printer, Sonos sound system, or a couple of Raspberry Pis that I manage over the LAN from my computer. The only devices I can see from my computer are those on the wired Ethernet LAN.

I'm using Smart Connect, which gives me the same SSID and password for all 3 Wi-Fi networks.

If I reboot the router, all connectivity is restored.

Since I've experienced a problem with a previous TP-Link router which was never resolved by their tech support, despite trying various versions of test firmware and even swapping out my router for another one, and given that I'm still within the return window, I'm going to be returning it and going back to my old Netgear router. It'll do the job for me until I can figure out a good replacement for it.

I paid $300 for this router, and spec wise, it looked good on paper but has not been a good performer for me. Fortunately, Costco has a great return policy.

Larry

Options
2021-03-06 16:49:34

@0z3r07 how is it going w the test firmware?

Options
2021-03-09 09:44:31

@cartonsize 

Can you please also confirm if the WMF is enabled or disabled on the AX6000?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-09 15:45:59

@Airdale_Sailor 

I agree! Their tech support provided me a beta firmware addressing this bug which worked for a while (2 months). Unfortunately, two more issues has surfaced. Not sure how often they provide updated firmware, but there seems to be too many trivial issues that keeps dropping devices off the network sporadically throughout the day.  

Options
2021-03-09 15:53:47

@GeoGeo 

Two more annoyance has popped up after a few months. Devices on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies are dropping off the network sporadically throughout the day which is very annoying. I've remedied this by changing the channel to 11 strictly on the 2.4Ghz band. Not sure why 5Ghz devices are dropping as well. 

Options