Lan and wifi devices don't see each other, no ping and no data transfer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lan and wifi devices don't see each other, no ping and no data transfer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:Lan and wifi devices don't see each other, no ping and no data transfer
2021-03-09 16:00:44

@0z3r07 

that's sad, I'm most likely returning mine, for $300 router you'd think it will work. Smh

Options
2021-03-10 06:58:22

@GeoGeo 

I thought you got the issue resolved by disabling WMF, isn't it? If it persists, can you please provide more details? Then we can ask our engineers to investigate.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-10 15:40:32

@Kevin_Z 

I'm cautiously optimistic... disabling WMF seems to have resolved my issue for me. I will test a few more days, and if the router continues working for me, it will save me a trip back to Costco to return it. I really don't want to take it back, now that it's all configured, unless I really have to.

Larry

Options
2021-03-10 16:52:57

@Kevin_Z 

the issue was resolved for a few days then anytime the router acts up and I reboot it, a couple days pass and then can't find my WiFi devices such As:

1- Denon receivers X2 , both updated to latest , work fine on my older netgear 

2- HP wireless printers X2 - both updated to latest , work fine on my older netgear 

3- LG TVs, can't seem to mirror from phone to TV -both updated to latest , work fine on my older netgear 

my firmware release is 84595

let me know what other info you need 

Options
2021-03-10 17:48:12

I still have issues with my connectivity. Mostly with my printer. Rebooting the router fixes it. I have the router scheduled to reboot daily at 3am. 

Options
2021-03-11 01:19:57

@GeoGeo 

Sorry to know you are still encountering an issue. Our engineers will investigate this with you via email, please check your email and respond.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-11 01:22:11

@Kevin_Z sounds good look forward getting this issue fixed , any idea of a case reference #?

Options
2021-03-11 01:26:07

@Dagget 

The engineer will work with you as well, please check your email box.

Options
Re:Lan and wifi devices don't see each other, no ping and no data transfer-Solution
2021-03-18 07:38:33 - last edited 2021-03-18 07:38:47

@Mackem 

Hello all, our dev team has provided a beta firmware to locate the issue you are reporting, kindly give it a try, then report back if the issue is resolved, thanks.

Here is the download link for the beta firmware:

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202103/20210311/ax11000v1-up-ver1-1-1-P8[20201207-rel86202]_sign_2020-12-08_14.08.30.zip

Note: This version can be installed on both the EU version and US version.

Refer to the guidance to upload the firmware manually:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2561/

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-06-20 20:39:28

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I don't know if this issue has been resolved.

I have an Archer AX3000 and I am having the same issue of my WiFi devices (laptop, phone) unable to connect to my Ethernet devices (Brother Ethernet Printer, Apple TV, OOMA Phone) on the same subnet. If I connect my laptop to Ethernet the ping to the other Ethernet devices.

If I use the diagnostics on the router and ping the Ethernet devices, that works fine too. 

I disabled the IPTV Wireless Multicast forwarding and that did not help. I have rebooted the router and that has not helped either.

Any help is appreciated. 

Options