Rebooting (beeping)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Rebooting (beeping)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Rebooting (beeping)
Rebooting (beeping)
2020-08-23 10:10:52 - last edited 2020-08-24 01:46:23
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello,

A few days ago my TL-WPA4220 extender started beeping. It worked fine for a few months, but now it is just beeping in a high tone and rebooting after a few seconds. I'll connect with the wifi/lan, but a few seconds later it's off and I can't use it. The reset button or the pair button aren't even doing anything because like I said it is turning off after a few seconds. 

The main part, which is connected with the router works fine, but the extender is broken in a way.

I removed it also from the plug and let it cool down for 12h+, but it is still doing the same things.

I hope someone had the same issue and can help me.

Thanks,

Lotos

Options
4 Reply
Re:Rebooting (beeping)
2020-08-24 03:36:12

@Lotos 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Can I have a video about this beeping and rebooting issue?

By the way, how long have you have the power-line adapters and where are you located?

Later we would get in touch with you to check the warranty process.

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-08-30 13:52:06

@Solla-topee 

Hey, 

Sorry for the late reply, but I wasn't home for a week.

In the first part of the video you see the "blinking" and when the video turns black you can hear the beeping part better.

I have the power-line adapter for 16 to 18 months and the repeater is located next to my router which is 10m away from my desktop and the adapter is next to my PC on a plug.

Thanks,

Lotos

File:
TP-Link Beep.mp4Download
Options
2020-08-31 06:24:36

@Lotos 

Good day.

Thank you for your kind reply.

In this way,  I am afraid there might be something wrong with the power-line adapters.

Please fell free to contact the local shop retailer to get it replaced.

While if they refused warranty, please send email to our local support team and they will help you with the warranty

DEUTSCHLAND

Telefon:(+49) 0211 5447 4970 (Festnetz, deutschsprachig)

E-Mail:support.de@tp-link.com

https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Thank you very much!

Options
2021-07-14 17:01:24

@Lotos I also had a tp-link product start a high-pitched beeping and we ended up having an electrician come by and he informed us that the outlet is not giving out the correct output and was only giving it power intermittently (thus the beeping). The beeping was quiet, but wouldn't stop. I also tried to plug it into another outlet in the same room, but apparently, both of them were not working correctly. After he replaced the wall outlet, the beeping ceased and it worked perfectly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5757

Replies: 4

Related Articles