TL-PA4010

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA4010

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-PA4010
TL-PA4010
2020-08-24 07:58:25
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2134-00_422091_160421_003

Hello,

I bought a new router from TP-link to replace my old TP-link router, I now have the Archer AX50 AX3000 wifi 6. But I can't get my old powerline extender working, the TL-PA4010.

I updated the firmware to the latest new one, but still no succes. Or might it be the problem that the extender doesn't support wifi 6?

I tried resetting to factory settings, paired them again. But if I push the wpa button on the router and then the one on the extender it looks like it's going to do something, but after a little it returns to the fast blinking wifi button/light.

Is there anything else I could try or do I need a newer powerline extender with this router?

Thanks,

John

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA4010
2020-08-31 11:16:16

@JohnAr 

Good day.

Is your model number TL-WPA4220KIT?

Since the master unit is connected to AX50 via Ethernet cable, so there is no compatibility issue.

After you paired them together, can you still see the 2nd powerline lights lit up on both adapers?

If yes, they are already paired, and as long as the Ethernet connection from the router to the master unit is fine, the powerline extender should work properly.

As for the WPS button, it is only used to clone the wireless name and password of AX50.

And if WPS failed, you could try to download the powerline scan utility for V1 to manually change the Wi-Fi name and password: https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/soft/TL-WPA281KIT_V3_MAC_Powerline_Scan_Utility.zip

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 1

Related Articles