Archer T4E disconnects and reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T4E disconnects and reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Archer T4E disconnects and reconnect
2022-01-15 16:06:21 - last edited 2022-01-15 16:49:27

@joaopslins  Thanks it was making me crazy and I felt this cannot be reproduced or its random. Really poor hardware testing and driver support from TP link, as this a known issue and the driver in products support page is useless.

I have tested and found latest (2019) ASUS PCE-AC51 driver works best for below reasons. 

1. The old driver will change device name from TP link to Asus.

2. Windows may auto update the driver to the problematic TP link driver, if latest TP link driver is not properly removed.

3. New ASUS driver for PCE-AC51 will not rename the device, since it is the latest one and windows will not replace it.

You can download this driver from Asus product page.

Alternatively you can completely remove TP link driver and use Microsoft provided drivers. However I have not tested it for stably and performance. 

Options
2022-01-30 21:24:44

@joaopslins 

I created an account here just to say thank you! I've been struggling with the unstable wi-fi connection while using my archer T4E for weeks and this ASUS driver works perfectly :)

Options
2022-01-30 23:20:22

@Senu_Fps 

Interesting, if I have any other problems I'll try this one, thanks for sharing. I'll link your reply in my OP

Options
2022-01-31 00:40:01

Wow. I'm shocked that this post is still active. I'm happy that people have found a solution to this. I know that it is annoying. 

hope y'all have a great day/night

jangford

Options
2022-02-04 11:44:06

@joaopslins Dude Just want to say thank you very much the driver seem to fix my disconnecting problem too although I'm not sure if it will come back cus when I had the adapter for the first few month it worked perfectly but now after the driver it seems to have been fix thank you for sharing this you won't believe how much this means to me especially since I need this for my online studies thanks a lot. For anyone who is confuse on how to install the driver I will try my best to write a instruction

- First down the the file and check what your pc is in my case it is Window 10 64bit so I picked will use the WIN10X64 folder.

- Next go to your device manager and locate your old driver for the T4E right click and click properties and go to the driver tab

- next click update driver adn click browse my computer for drivers then click let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer 

- Once you have done that click the Have Disk in the lower right side and click browse no locate your WIN10X64 folder (or other folder depending on your pc) and click the .inf file in my case its netrtwlane.ing then click ok

- now it should load a bunch of drivers and in my case I picked the Wireless ASUS PCI-E Adapter afterwards click next and you should be done 

Options
Related Articles