Unstable connection and Speed issues with Archer AX11000 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unstable connection and Speed issues with Archer AX11000 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
35 Reply
Re:Unstable connection and Speed issues with Archer AX11000 Router
2020-12-03 03:31:40

@jaap24 

Noted. So the issue is the wireless connection is not stable when connected to the AX11000?

May I know who is your ISP? Can you get the internet from your modem directly when the AX11000 drops connection?

How about the LEDs on the AX11000, is the WAN LED orange or green? When the internet drops, can you access its web management and check what is the internet IP address and default gateway at that time?

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some tests and tell me which case you belong to.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/

Good day.

Options
2020-12-03 05:39:46

@Kevin_Z 

I've had an AX11000 since June.  Twice now we've had issues with poor WiFi stability and clients dropping.  This latest round has been for almost a month.  We're forced to reboot sometimes multiple times a day.  We've been on with Shay support to change channels and widths.  It helped the first time but degraded again.  I was on again 2 days ago with support and it was better until today.  My ISP provides 400/20 and both the tether app and me hardwiring to the modem show that they're providing the bandwidth.  The router appears to consistently be the issue.  PLEASE help.  I work from home and this is killing my ability to do so.

We've changed the channels and bandwidths (all chat support says to do, just try new ones daily and hope one works).  We reboot a lot and recently reset back to default.  Each one of those seems to help temporarily and then we're back to slows speeds, SSIDs not showing, and clients dropping.  

Options
2020-12-03 05:51:35

@Kevin_Z 

ISP: Spectrum
Speed: 400/20

When I wire to Spectrum’s modem or the AX11000, I get 400-450 down and 20-23 up.  The tether app also consistently shows that Spectrum is providing 400-450 and 20-23up. Again today the signal got so bad that I could not even get a speedtest to load and the entire house came to a crawl.   It was fine in the morning and by mid-afternoon I was only getting 50 down on the 2nd 5Ghz channel (reserved for my work equipment) and then it came to a complete stop.  I rebooted and it got somewhat better and then came to a stop again tonight and I had to reboot again.  I’ve had the QoS in standard until just the other day as I’ve been trying anything to get this to work so that I can run my business.  Only 5 months into ownership on a very expensive top of the line router and we're quite frustrated and disappointed.  We need some specific direction to rectify this, a replacement or a refund.  I expected more from TP Link.  Please help.

Options
2020-12-03 06:58:20

@DStephens3516 

Hello,

This issue may need to escalate to our engineers, and they will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.             

Good day.         

Options
2020-12-03 07:58:57 - last edited 2020-12-03 08:00:21

@DStephens3516 

Keep the channel posted on what you hear back via email! I am currently in the same situation your in. I have had the router for about the same amount of time you have and this is the first time I have had these symptoms. Lets get this resolved! 

Options
2020-12-07 08:41:12

@LaDell.Erby 

Hello, thanks for asking again. Do you mean you are in the exact same situation as DStephens3516? If that is the case, try the below suggestions and confirm:

1. Please login to the router web interface, go to Advanced>Wireless>Wireless network to enable "Airtime Fairness" and "MU-MIMO":

2. Please optimize your wireless network, for the devices with small traffic, please connect them to the 2.4G network, like smart devices/Cameras;
for the devices with high traffic, please connect them to the 5G-1/5G-2 wireless network, like the smartphone/PC/TV.

Options
2020-12-16 08:33:45

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I just also bought a AX11000 but having the same issues.

WiFi connection to smart devices and phones is dropped.

Connection is unreliable and disconnects / is slow.

Also the range of this device is less than my old router: TP link Touch P5

Is there any way to fix this issues or do i need to return the device to Coolblue?

Thank you!

Options
2020-12-17 03:49:03

@TimDo 

Hi, thanks for reporting the issue again, have you tried my previous suggestions to others? Give that a go first and tell us the results, then we will understand and help you better, thanks a lot.

Options
2021-03-02 13:41:53

@Ghost_Rid8r 

I have the same problem.  Connectivity goes on and off continuously.  Symptom on my iphone is you see it checkmarks the connection (success) but then it automatically gets unchecked and starts spinning trying to connect again.  Same for all my other devices (iphone, ipad, smart TV, computer)

Options
2021-03-03 06:40:39

@PGdude 

Have you referred to my previous reply to LaDell.Erby? If not yet, give that a go and confirm.

Is the internet LED on the AX11000 orange or green when you saw this "spinning trying to connect" issue on the devices? If the internet LED becomes orange, please connect the computer directly to the ISP modem, test and monitor if you can get a stable connection.

Is the Smart Connect enabled or not? Try to disable it, create a different network name for the 2.4G and 5G, then verify if the issue occurs on the 2.4G or 5G. If the 5G network is not stable, please try to modify the 5G wireless settings on the AX11000, such as wireless channel and channel width. It is suggested to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel, then change the channel width to 40MHz, reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

BTW, who is your ISP?

Options