Wifi drops on Archer C20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi drops on Archer C20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi drops on Archer C20
Wifi drops on Archer C20
2020-09-01 10:10:10 - last edited 2020-09-03 09:05:17
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v6038.0 Build 190925 Rel.62876n

Hi, 

I bought Archer C20 a month ago. Ever since, the wifi connection drops and resumes again in a few seconds. It happens around twice a day. 

It isn't a device issue as the network drops across all the devices including phone, laptop etc.

I tried updating firmware as a first step, but it gave an error code. Tips appreciated. 

TIA

Sumit

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wifi drops on Archer C20-Solution
2020-09-03 09:05:12 - last edited 2020-09-03 09:05:17

@SumitDhiman 

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble caused, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

So the current Archer C20 will lose connection on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless connection? How about the wired connection, is it stable? Who is your ISP and what is the model of your modem?

What is the light status of the Archer C20 when the internet drops? How often did this disconnect happen and how will it recover?

Please refer to the below troubleshooting guide to verify the basic settings and try to modify the wireless settings:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/

Please send us the whole system log includes the issue happening period if the above doesn't help. 

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi drops on Archer C20-Solution
2020-09-03 09:05:12 - last edited 2020-09-03 09:05:17

@SumitDhiman 

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble caused, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

So the current Archer C20 will lose connection on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless connection? How about the wired connection, is it stable? Who is your ISP and what is the model of your modem?

What is the light status of the Archer C20 when the internet drops? How often did this disconnect happen and how will it recover?

Please refer to the below troubleshooting guide to verify the basic settings and try to modify the wireless settings:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/

Please send us the whole system log includes the issue happening period if the above doesn't help. 

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wifi drops on Archer C20
2020-09-03 09:23:30

@Kevin_Z Thank you for the response. For the sake of checking it, I checked using the Ethernet. It appears to work fine so the issue is with only WiFi.

1. It looses both of the wireless connections at the time. Everything including phone/laptop gets disconnected.

2. Let me update you when it happens next time.

3. Connection automatically restores after ~120 seconds.

4. I get an error updating firmware(agree that it is not the latest).

5. Fiddling out with Channels right now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 865

Replies: 2

Related Articles