Packet Filtering through Internet Access Control Missing !!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-03 11:54:29 - last edited 2020-09-04 08:17:33
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 200630

I have an old existing Wireless N 300 Mbps WR841N router configured for packet filtering restricting access to users through Access Control feature to pass all the DNS traffic only through OPENDNS server i.e., on port 53. Any attempt by any user using other static DNS IPs on their computer on the network to bypass OPENDNS would result in no internet. It is so well configured and tested on the network but the same is missing from new routers for exampl Archer A6 1200. Access control feature exists but it only restricts users on the network to either access or block internet without any ACL rule to filter internet traffic based on ports or services. How can I accomplish the same on the new Archer A6 router? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Packet Filtering through Internet Access Control Missing !!!-Solution
2020-09-04 08:17:19 - last edited 2020-09-04 08:17:33

@Abdullah_Bzr 

Hello,

Sorry that the Access Control settings of the new UI on the A6 is slightly different from that of the old UI on the WR841N.

This will be forwarded to the related department as a feature request.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Packet Filtering through Internet Access Control Missing !!!-Solution
2020-09-04 08:17:19 - last edited 2020-09-04 08:17:33

@Abdullah_Bzr 

Hello,

Sorry that the Access Control settings of the new UI on the A6 is slightly different from that of the old UI on the WR841N.

This will be forwarded to the related department as a feature request.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Packet Filtering through Internet Access Control Missing !!!
2020-09-04 12:02:18

@Kevin_Z Thanks for your prompt reply kevin. Please understand that I am slightly dissappointed by the new changes made to the router interface, though it is pleasant with cool colors but really missing some important features. Access Control feature I mentioned is absent from other archer series routers too. I have lot of clients that depend on me for techical issues and I have been recommending them TP-link products for years now. I hope that TP-link resolves this issue in the latest firmware updates. Again I thank you and  appreciate your efforts and time. Take Care !!!

Options
Re:Packet Filtering through Internet Access Control Missing !!!
2020-09-04 12:05:00
This option is present in Archer C7 model hardware until V2 and firmware 131209. Hardware version 4 has new UI and has omitted that option.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 620

Replies: 3

Related Articles