Trouble with Archer C7 as secondary router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-13 05:04:29
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180114 Rel.39265n

I'm trying to diagnose a problem I'm having. The symptoms are that devices using the wireless have inconsitent ability to connect to the internet for non-web-browsing tasks. (My wife's email doesn't sync consistently, and my Fire Emblem: Heroes doesn't always log in.) But I don't want to start with the symptoms, trying to configure the router has discrepencies I'd like to resolve, and they see if those fix the problems with the connected devices.

Here's the setup (or, as much as you'd need to know):

AT&T Gateway > Archer C7 > Wi-Fi devices (we'll assume it's just my android phone, below)

I don't want to use the AT&T wireless, so I kept my C7.

I have given the C7 a static IP address, disabled the DHCP, and connected it to the gateway using a C7 LAN port. In this configuration, my phone can access the internet when using Chrome, but inconsistently checks my game.

Checking the C7 to try to fix this problem has revealed the following:

- I cannot update the time (Error 5028). It is way behind and I am concerned that packets are dropped to the bad timestamps.

- I cannot ping anything outside the network from the C7's Diagnostic page. (I thought I couldn't ping anything that wasn't a wireless device managed by the C7, but I actually pinged my wired desktop, so there goes that theory).

- The gateway's page doesn't seem to treating the C7 any different, at least from looking at the status pages. Though, I can't save any settings there either. Separate problem for another time. There is some Supplemental Network setting that I can't update. Why do they even let me access the settings pages? <sigh>

So, is there is anything I can update on the C7 to resolve this (since the Gateway is a crapshoot. I'll do a separate deep dive on that.)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 0