Drops connection on samsung TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-14 19:15:49
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406

Hi,

My samsung Smart TV connection drops after 30 to 60 minutes even though my other devices are connected to wifi without any issue. After this whenever I check the network status on the TV it says disconnected from the network, and if I try to reconnect it shows the network but fails to connect. Restarting the TV solves the problem every time.

The same was not the case with my old netgear router. I tried factory reset of my TV, tried changing bands, tried using smart connect feature of the router but the issue still persists. I have 2 laptops, 2 smart phones and 1 smart TV connected but the issue I am facing is with TV only.

Any help here to resolve this issue?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Drops connection on samsung TV
2020-09-15 10:55:33

Can someone please help on this issue?

Options
2020-09-15 14:22:19
Hi, try to disable the antivirus and or network security on the tv.
Archer AX73(EU)V1 in Router Mode to use OneMesh with RE300 (used as AP only)
Options
2020-09-16 10:23:14

Thanks @aTOMic1971 for your kind suggestions.

@Connected_user 

Can you please verify when the TV drops the connection and reconnect, do you need to re-enter the wireless password or it will try to connect back automatically? What if you try to disable the Smart Connect on the C6 and forget the previous connection on the TV, try to connect again by manually entering the wireless password?

BTW, what is the model number of the Samsung TV? Does it connect to the 5GHz or 2.4GHz and what if you try the other band?

Thanks a lot~

Options
2020-09-16 10:36:43
Hi the problem is in the archer c6, use other router and everyting will be ok. Do not seek the problem in the TV.
Options
2020-09-17 09:55:54

@aTOMic1971 

Thanks for the suggestion but it isn't working after that also.

Options
2020-09-17 11:01:43

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your reply.

There is no fix pattern here, it disconnects after some interval of time. If I check the network at that point of time then it says wireless network disconnected (my other devices works fine at that time). If I try to reconnect it doesn't allow me to connect. The only option is to restart the TV and then it connects automatically.

Tried all the options of disabling smart connect, using both the band's, forgetting previous connection, rebooting router etc. but that is not helping.

Samsung TV model no. is LED UA40H5500. It connects to both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands but disconnects after some time.

Options
2020-09-17 11:05:44

@Keytex 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Recenty I purchased this router due to speed limitations with my old netgear router but never faced this disconnection issue with my smart TV.

Options
2020-09-17 18:13:35

@Connected_user 

Hi, 

you can also try to set a static ip and or dns on the TV, just a thought. 

Archer AX73(EU)V1 in Router Mode to use OneMesh with RE300 (used as AP only)
Options
2020-09-18 08:16:50

@Connected_user 

Thanks a lot for all the details.

Please check if the DoS Protection on the C6 blocks the TV, you may login to the C6 web interface-->Security-->Settings and you will see the DoS Protection.

If this doesn't help either, we will forward your case to the engineers and they will help follow it up then help you out.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2348

Replies: 9

Related Articles