Passcode/Password Protection for Deco App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Passcode/Password Protection for Deco App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Passcode/Password Protection for Deco App
2022-04-21 02:58:27

@AshyBoy Hi, welcome to the community.

I checked the previous records and here is what I think:

Many smartphones and Tablets support Phone Lock Screen via Face/ Fingerprints/Pattern/Passcord ID but I have seen fewer APPs have the same settings.

So I wonder if the kids couldn't get past the first authentication, they had no chance to access the Deco APP later.

Currently, Deco has no plan to support passcode for APP Lock screen but it will support Multi-Factors authentication login to enhance the APP security.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-04-21 15:15:48

@David-TP  @AshyBoy Phone lock is pretty much the same excuse I've heard from TP. It's really just lazy. Every other app security or financial app I have still requires face ID or passcode, even after unlocking the phone. Sure, TP's concept works if you completely lock the kids out of your phone, but since the kids are too young to have their own phones, allowing them access to our phones not only allows them to get to some of their games and school apps, but is also a safety matter. I think that's the part that TP doesn't get with young kids.

Options
2022-04-22 11:45:54

@Mike_P Nice to see you again and thanks for the further details.

And what you have explained surely needs to be taken into consideration.

So far, it might still be under a lower priority and I will keep monitoring whether there will be more feedback from users.

Currently, I see there are some third-party apps, such as LockID and APPLock and maybe you could have a test.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options
2022-04-23 13:48:26 - last edited 2022-04-23 13:49:16

@Mike_P 

Some Android phones allow multiple user profiles. Search for an article 333484 on howtogeek dot com web site, titled "How to Set Up Multiple User Profiles on Android"

(For some reason, I can't just copy and paste URL here)

From that article:

Not a lot of people realize this, but Android has a built in feature called User Profiles. This is more than just adding a second Google account alongside your primary—this is literally an entirely different profile, with its own apps, settings, wallpaper, and the like. Again, like having two devices in one. When you add a new profile, it literally goes through the entire setup process like a brand new device.

For those with Android smartphone and this option available, that is the right way to share your phone with kids. By default, calls and text messages will be disabled on the new user profile. Which is probably a good thing for a smartphone you plan to give to very young kids.

Options
Related Articles