Not able connect to microsoft teams and outlook via router without VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-16 08:05:46 - last edited 2020-09-17 06:37:15
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Not able connect to microsoft teams and outlook via router without VPN.

But i can connect microsoft teams and outlook without VPN via mobile hotspot.

And using router with VPN it's working (connection for microsoft team).

I had connected our office IT person, but they told that there is a problem in router.

Please help me to resolve this issue earliest.

Regards,

Prajwal 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Not able connect to microsoft teams and outlook via router without VPN-Solution
2020-09-17 06:36:50 - last edited 2020-09-17 06:37:15

@Prajwal_P_D 

Hello,

May I have your current network topology/layout? Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using?

How about the version of the Microsoft Teams, is it the latest version? Is it possible to show us a short video when you try to use the Microsoft Teams and?

What is the operating system of the computer you are running with the Microsoft Teams and outlook? Can you try on a different computer?

If the C20 is the main router in your network, please try to change the DNS settings on it to a third-party one such as Google's DNS server 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, reboot the C20 and computer then monitor again.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Not able connect to microsoft teams and outlook via router without VPN-Solution
2020-09-17 06:36:50 - last edited 2020-09-17 06:37:15

@Prajwal_P_D 

Hello,

May I have your current network topology/layout? Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using?

How about the version of the Microsoft Teams, is it the latest version? Is it possible to show us a short video when you try to use the Microsoft Teams and?

What is the operating system of the computer you are running with the Microsoft Teams and outlook? Can you try on a different computer?

If the C20 is the main router in your network, please try to change the DNS settings on it to a third-party one such as Google's DNS server 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, reboot the C20 and computer then monitor again.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Not able connect to microsoft teams and outlook via router without VPN
2021-01-27 13:50:48

Perform the following steps manually:

1. Windows 7 users must install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows for the Teams Meeting add-in to work.
  2. Check that the user has a Teams Upgrade policy that enables scheduling meetings in Teams. See Upgrade from Skype for Business to Teams for more details.
  3. Check that the user has a Teams Meeting policy that permits the Outlook Add-in. See Manage meeting policies in Teams for more details.
  4. Ensure the user has the Teams desktop client installed. The meeting add-in will not be installed when only using the Teams web client.
  5. Ensure the user has Outlook 2013 or later installed.
  6. Make sure the user has permission to execute regsvr32.exe.
  7. Ensure that all available updates for Outlook desktop client have been applied.
  8. Follow these steps:
  9. Restart the Teams desktop client.
  10. Sign out and then sign back into the Teams desktop client.
  11. Restart the Outlook desktop client. (Make sure Outlook isn't running in admin mode.)

If you still don't see the add-in, make sure that it isn't disabled in Outlook.

1. In Outlook, choose File and then Options.
  2. Select the Add-ins tab of the Outlook Options dialog box.
  3. Confirm that Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office is listed in the Active Application Add-ins list
  4. If the Teams Meeting Add-in is listed in the Disabled Application Add-ins list, select COM Add-ins in Manage and then select Go…
  5. Set the checkbox next to Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office.
  6. Choose OK on all dialog boxes and restart Outlook.

I hope this resolves your issue.

Regards,
Caleb

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1699

Replies: 2