My internet provider has 250 mps but my modem does not support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-17 04:38:26 - last edited 2020-09-22 03:49:22
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

My inter provider is providing me 250 mps however archer c6 is not supporting the same speed and it shows 100 mps , what's wrong with it

anu setting is needed

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My internet provider has 250 mps but my modem does not support -Solution
2020-09-22 03:49:06 - last edited 2020-09-22 03:49:22

Thanks RedIndianRobin for his kind suggestions.

@Kajal 

Hi,
For the LAN negotiation issue you encountered, please try the below suggestions and get back to the community with the details if it cannot be solved, thanks.
1. Log in to the web UI of the Archer C6 and go to the Basic-Network map page, click the Archer C6 image/icon and scroll down this page, you will see the ethernet negotiation speed of the LAN ports, show us the screenshot:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2472/
2. Go to Advanced-system tools-system parameters to edit the duplex, change it to 1000Mbps full-duplex.
3. After that, try to test the negotiation speed on your PC again. It is strongly suggested to change another cat5e or cat6 cable. 
4. It is also suggested to change another wired device with gigabit ethernet ports to do a test. 
5. What is the length of the Ethernet cable between the C6 and your PC, in other words, what is the distance between them? Is it the same cable when you are testing the speed with your modem directly?
6. Is it possible to get a gigabit switch to perform a test? And it is suggested to use a shorter cable and confirm again.
If none of the above works, please tell us the brand and model number of the gigabit ethernet adapter on that PC, we will check and investigate further. Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:My internet provider has 250 mps but my modem does not support
2020-09-17 05:41:43

@Kajal 

What is the modem provided by the ISP? It could be the ISP that is using crap modem that supports only 10/100 Mbit mode.

Options
Re:My internet provider has 250 mps but my modem does not support -Solution
2020-09-22 03:49:06 - last edited 2020-09-22 03:49:22

Thanks RedIndianRobin for his kind suggestions.

@Kajal 

Hi,
For the LAN negotiation issue you encountered, please try the below suggestions and get back to the community with the details if it cannot be solved, thanks.
1. Log in to the web UI of the Archer C6 and go to the Basic-Network map page, click the Archer C6 image/icon and scroll down this page, you will see the ethernet negotiation speed of the LAN ports, show us the screenshot:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2472/
2. Go to Advanced-system tools-system parameters to edit the duplex, change it to 1000Mbps full-duplex.
3. After that, try to test the negotiation speed on your PC again. It is strongly suggested to change another cat5e or cat6 cable. 
4. It is also suggested to change another wired device with gigabit ethernet ports to do a test. 
5. What is the length of the Ethernet cable between the C6 and your PC, in other words, what is the distance between them? Is it the same cable when you are testing the speed with your modem directly?
6. Is it possible to get a gigabit switch to perform a test? And it is suggested to use a shorter cable and confirm again.
If none of the above works, please tell us the brand and model number of the gigabit ethernet adapter on that PC, we will check and investigate further. Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options