TP-Link 4G Router supporting VPN client?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-22 22:48:33

I was going to purchase a TP-Link MR600 router but have read here that it does not support VPN clients.

I need a 4G router to provide VPN service to several devices connected via W-Fi or wired LAN connection. The connection does not need to be encrypted.

The primary need is to provide a VPN IP address so a service in one country is accessible from another.

I was planning to set up a L2TP VPN client or OpenVPN.

Is it really not possible to do this with the MR600? What about other TP-Link 4G router models?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link 4G Router supporting VPN client?
2020-09-23 07:18:14

@vitesse MR600 supports Openvpn, PPTP and Ipsec vpns on the router. Please see the emulator here, https://emulator.tp-link.com/mr600-v1-en/index.htm

If you absolutely need l2tp, You can still install and configure a machine on your network with l2tp, Route all traffic to that machine and connect that machine to the mr600 router.

Options
Re:TP-Link 4G Router supporting VPN client?
2020-09-24 06:26:07

@ishanjain28 

Thank you very much for sharing~yes

And one more detail, MR600 did not support VPN client, only VPN server;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1835

Replies: 2