Finally giving up on TP Link..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-28 12:50:39 - last edited 2020-09-29 07:23:45
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Well.... After YEARS of being a TP Link customer, I have finally gone and bought the AVM Fritz Box 6890 LTE & AVM FRITZ!Repeater 3000 Network Mesh Repeater.

I have had several people come and help me with my MIMO antenna and I just do not get what I expect from the MR600.

The post I created on the forum on the beta FW gave me better results but since then, I have had issue after issue.

The very fact that the FW took so long to update and the awful experience, this ends a long relationship with bitterness and regret.

So long TP Link.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Finally giving up on TP Link..
2020-09-28 17:43:55

@darant Good for you!

I bought two of these MR600 + a load balancer to set up internet at my home. I had very high hopes from this device but I have ran into 1 issue after other and it has been an extremely annoying experience so far.

Luckily amazon accepted return for 1 one my MR600(Amazon here usually only allows replacement for electronics items) but they won't take back the other one so I am stuck with it now.

I recently asked on another forum and their people suggested getting the Chateau LTE12 from Mikrotik, It's double the price of what MR600 costs here, I'll have to import it and that means 15-45 days wait but it seems to be a much much better device than MR600. I am really really confused if I should pull the trigger and get the LTE12 instead and dump this MR600 somewhere since amazon is not taking it back or just keep using MR600 and live with it's perf and issues. :/

Options
2020-09-28 17:46:59

@darant And yes, This is it from me. I won't be buying TP link stuff from here on out. Unless they fix the software on this router and fix their process of how they release updates etc this is all the money tp link is getting from me. Trading 100 bucks or so in exchange for all the headache I have got from this was not worth it.

Options
2020-09-29 07:21:29

ishanjain28 wrote

@darant Good for you!

I bought two of these MR600 + a load balancer to set up internet at my home. I had very high hopes from this device but I have ran into 1 issue after other and it has been an extremely annoying experience so far.

Luckily amazon accepted return for 1 one my MR600(Amazon here usually only allows replacement for electronics items) but they won't take back the other one so I am stuck with it now.

I recently asked on another forum and their people suggested getting the Chateau LTE12 from Mikrotik, It's double the price of what MR600 costs here, I'll have to import it and that means 15-45 days wait but it seems to be a much much better device than MR600. I am really really confused if I should pull the trigger and get the LTE12 instead and dump this MR600 somewhere since amazon is not taking it back or just keep using MR600 and live with it's perf and issues. :/

Sell the MR600 on eBay - Someone will buy it - I might keep the router as a spare but not tested the Fritz yet - They arrive today.

Options
2020-10-07 14:28:49
Amazon accepted return for both of them and I bought a different router. :))
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 985

Replies: 4