Deco S4. How does it decide on signal source?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco S4. How does it decide on signal source?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Deco S4. How does it decide on signal source?
2021-04-02 16:15:41

@TP-Link_Deco

I'm having a nightmare setting up my three pack. Spent over 6 hours so far. I cannot replace my router as I'm on FTTP and the ISP's router also converts analogue phone to VoIP.

All three devices are connected via Ethernet back to the main ISP Wireless router/Modem. I have disabled WIFI on the ISP router to stop any interference. I currently have these installed in AP mode although I did try Router first. These are the problems I'm having:

1) Reset buttons do not work. To reset the configuration I have to get the S4 into a state where the RED light is on solid then It might accept the reset button to reset the configuration and allow me to set up the device again from scratch.

2) Despite having wired connections it seems arbitrary after a reboot whether they use WIFI or Lan to connect to the main unit. e.g. My three units are "Living Room" (Main Deco) Bedroom (little or no WIFI signal to the others) and Office (Reasonable WIFI to "Living Room") Currently office has Living Room as Signal Source using WIFI.  and Bedroom has Office as Signal source using Ethernet. I have also seen Office Ethernet to Bedroom with Bedroom WIFI to Living Room!

3) When in Router mode speeds were abysmal. I have Giga-fast Fibre and I was seeing less than 50Mbs on a speed test. probably because of the strange routing. In AP mode they are considerably faster when using the Ethernet to Main Deco but slower over WIFI.

4) The devices randomly reboot.

5) on one occasion the Office device flooded the Ethernet network.

I'm just about to box these up an send them back to amazon.

Options
Re:Deco S4. How does it decide on signal source?
2021-04-03 10:26:52

@Silentmonkey Also forgot to mention. If The devices do connect via the LAN and one it then powered down the other floods the network with packets!

Options
Related Articles