Initial lag on speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Initial lag on speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Initial lag on speeds
Initial lag on speeds
2020-10-05 21:29:34 - last edited 2020-10-07 06:05:36
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.91 v0001.0 build 200511 Rel. 44954n

Hi Guys

Not to technical so please stay with me !!

Okay have been running the MR600 for a good 6 months and speeds have been fine no probs (148mb average). Have a netgear mesh connected to it and speeds and connectivity all good.

The last few weeks everything seems to have slowed down as such. My speeds when i do a speed test are fine but day to day surfing the internet and on phones etc the response time for pages loading or apps etc take about 10 -15 secs. By this i mean the nothing happens and then all of the sudden the pages etc load. Its like the ping has shot through the roof but on the speed tests its around 30 which it has always been. 

When it does connect it is super fast but that initial load / connection to a website or app etc take forever. This is like this on laptops,tablets and mobile devices 

I also have the Deco M5 so decided to try and rule out the Negtear mesh system. So i have swapped it all over and it still does it. I have also removed the deco and just gone directly to the router and connected and i am also still getting the slow first response. 

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this as broadband speeds are fine its just this initial slow response. Thanks in advacne as this is drive me mad !

Brett  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Initial lag on speeds
2020-10-21 08:52:36

@Jonesy1999 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Have you tried to change a different SIM card to see if the issue still existed or if the SIM card was put it into the mobile phone, would you still have initial lags?

When the initial speed slows down, if you try to ping the Google DNS 8.8.8.8, what would you get?

Normally, the initial lags would recover gradually over time, right?

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 328

Replies: 1