TL-WR841N doesn't have internet access when used as Range Extender for another TLWR841N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR841N doesn't have internet access when used as Range Extender for another TLWR841N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-06 15:40:30 - last edited 2020-10-09 07:16:47
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version:

Problem is that Range Extender doesn't have internet, even though light shows constant green.

My setup:
- I have two TL-WR841N routers.
- 1st one is connected to my internet cable and is setup as WIFI router.
- 2nd one is connected to the 1st one via WIFI, and is setup as Range Extender.
- On both routes I have WIFI MAC filter setup (on 1st one the 2nd one has been added)

I used the quick setup for both configuration (so no changes to IP addresses). Only change is the MAC filter.

I tried to set both of the with the same SSID and also with two different SSID.

In location of the 2nd router I still have signal from 1st router, so that shouldn't be a problem. I can also see it is connected in the "Statistics".

Please, provide me instruction for dummies on how to fix this :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 546

Replies: 0

Related Articles