TL-MR6400 wifi drops in sympathy with LTE disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-06 16:26:32
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.16.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 191223 Rel.66638n

I had an issue with my LTE connection dropping every few minutes, that I've now resolved by switching providers (same mast, so I guess it was the Lycamobile network).

The new network (GiffGaff) works pretty well, but I still get a couple of LTE disconnections a day. I can live with that but when it happens all the wifi connections get bounced as well. Is there any way to stop the router disconnecting all the wifi clients when this occurs? I have things like Raspberry pi music streaming devices that don't need the internet - just a connection to my NAS, but they get thrown out and are rather prone to need rebooting when it happens.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 wifi drops in sympathy with LTE disconnection
2020-10-13 09:29:28

@PH1UK 

Good Day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

For your case, you could refer to the following suggestions to see if helpful or not;

1. Change the wireless channel on the 2.4ghz, like channel 11 and channel width 20mhz;
  2. Reserve the static IP address for Raspberry pi music streaming devices and NAS, such as,

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1681/

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 601

Replies: 1