Archer AX6000 Drops ethernet connection constantly.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX6000 Drops ethernet connection constantly.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 Drops ethernet connection constantly.
2021-01-13 03:25:42

@SamuelT 

Yes, we will continue to discuss this via email directly, we will try to figure it out as soon as possible, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-29 01:38:31 - last edited 2021-04-29 01:39:49

@Kjohs @Kevin_Z

I'm with you, I have having the same issue as described here on wired computers.  Wireless seems seamless but I CONSTANTLY get drop outs on this new router.  (Purchased February 19, 2021).  It's connected to an Arris S33 Surfboard.  When I remove the router from the equation everything works fine.  When I add the AX6000 back into the mix I constantly get breaks in internet.  It's SUPER frustrating so I googled to see if anyone else was and it has lead me here.  

I am more than happy to work with a TP person to help troubleshoot the issue, as I have to disconnect the AX6000 when I'm working so I can have a consistent connection to work. Then reconnect it when done so I can stream things wirelessly to the TV etc when I'm done with work.

Mike

Options
2021-04-29 01:48:52

@Castaspella 

Can you please confirm if the router firmware is already the latest? If not, please update the firmware first:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax6000/v1/#Firmware

May I know who is your ISP? What kind of connection type you are choosing on the router?

Please pay attention to the LED status on the router, confirm if the LED is red or blue when the internet drops on the devices. If the LED changed to red/orange, please login to the router web GUI to check if there is still a WAN IP address on the Status page. 

BTW, how often does this Internet disconnect issue happen? If you haven't tried to reset the router to factory defaults, give it a go first, then set up the internet from scratch to confirm if the internet connection is stable, try to do a ping test by launching the Advanced > System > Diagnostics, ping 8.8.8.8, then ping www.google.com. If 8.8.8.8 is pingable while www.google.com is not, try to manually set the Internet DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the router to confirm the connectivity.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-29 02:01:17

@Kevin_Z 

I'm running this firmware version - 1.2.2 Build 20210223 rel.78164(5553) which says it's the most up to date.

My ISP is Mediacom.

For connection Type - It's just setup as Router non-aggregate if that is what you are asking.

As for the LED status I will need to put a camera on it as it's in a wiring closet in the basement and not on my main level where I work, but that should allow me to look at the router colors easily.

The disconnect issue happens about once or twice an hour.  Normally once, but there are times that it will happen twice.  I have a work laptop next to me connected via wireless and VPNed in.  When I get a disconnect my laptop works fine, but my desktop system can't access the internet and then my citrix session disconnects, and I can't get internet service.  Even throught it continutes to work fine wirelessly.

I can go ahead and try a complete factory reset and see what happens from there just so we can say I've done all of the regular things first and see if the problem persists.  

Thanks for the lightening fast response!

Mike

Options