Archer AX6000 Drops ethernet connection constantly.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-11 15:55:06
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254(5553)

Wireless seems fine all over the house. Ethernet drop out from my desktop and wired TV (Roku, gaming consoles) Drops or losses INT every 5-10 minutes.

I have changed the CAT5 cables from my pc to the router and from the modem to the router with new and tested cables. Have also plugged into other ports on the AX6000 I have bypassed the router entirely and plugged straight into the modem with 2 PCs and it works fine. No issues. It HAS to be the router. 

Any settings I should have on or off or ideas?

Options
14 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 Drops ethernet connection constantly.
2020-10-14 11:58:23

@Kjohs  Did you find a solution? I have the exact same issue. I'm on the same firmware also. I have tried different devices.. different cables.. reboots.. 

Wifi works perfectly fine, issue is only with the wired connection. It's brand new router, just bought it couple of days ago. 

Options
2020-10-14 16:10:15

@WaCk0   No, no response, not impressed to say the least... I've got a small gigabit switch coming friday I'm going to put that before my router, after the modem and plug all my hardline stuff in there.

Options
2020-10-14 16:20:56
Is that safe? connecting without a router... I will probably just return it and get another router.. Please post here if you do find a fix.. Thank you!
Options
2020-12-24 06:02:36

@WaCk0  yes I'm experiencing the same thing. It looks like this is a common thing.

Options
2020-12-24 08:32:34 - last edited 2020-12-24 08:33:37

@SamuelT 

Sorry that missed this post. When the devices lose the internet connection, are they still getting a correct IP address from the AX6000? Try to run a ping test on the computer when it loses the internet access, then show us the results.

Please also try with new cat 5e or cat 6 cables between the AX6000 and the devices, ensure the connection is good.

When did you purchase the AX6000, does the issue happen when you set it up, or it just happened recently? Have you changed anything in the network, including upgrade the router firmware, update the computer system, update Ethernet adapter driver, etc.?

You may check if there is any setting tur the computer into power saving/sleeping, disable it, then confirm.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-04 00:20:37 - last edited 2021-01-04 01:45:15

@Kevin_Z  Hi Kevin, I have replaced the cables so many times and currently I'm using a Cat 7 cable I bought from Amazon and it was working fine for a couple of months.  In most cases the Internet Connection between the router and NBN modem drops out while the DSL light on the NBN Modem remains steady.  In other cases the DSL light is off and continue to flashing to indicate trying to connect.  In most cases I have to reboot the NBN modem and router to connect again.

I have rearrange the position of the router power cable as I feel it was dragging as the position of the router is high on the book shelve.  It seems to be making a hude difference in reducing the drop outs.  Do you think the power adapter could be the issue.  I have also bought a Belkin powerboard with antisurge and this seems to also help with reducing the drop outs.

I'm still getting drop outs but less than before.

I have the latest firmware 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254 (5553) and hardware version Archer AX6000 v1.0

Options
2021-01-04 09:07:51

@SamuelT 

Actually, I don't think this is the power issue as all the wireless devices are connected to the internet fine, while it's hard to say if it will cause an issue to some special devices when the power of the router is not stable.

Please keep monitoring the connection and let me know if there is any updates, thank you very much.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-12 02:47:38

@Kevin_Z I'm still getting drop outs

Options
2021-01-12 03:26:56

@SamuelT 

Hi, can you confirm this info?

When the desktop and TV lose the internet connection, are they still getting a correct IP address from the AX6000? Try to run a ping test on the desktop when it loses the internet access, then show us the results.

When did you purchase the AX6000, does the issue happen when you set it up, or it just happened recently? Have you changed anything in the network, including upgrade the router firmware, update the computer system, update Ethernet adapter driver, etc.?

BTW, to locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2021-01-13 01:24:45

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin, this did not happen when I got the TP-Link last year.  The problem occured in October 2020 and since then the Internet Provider have replaced the NBN Modem.  I have replaced the power cable along with network cable with no luck at all.  When the internet drop outs all my devices are still betting ip address and I'm still connected to the wifi and I even can access the TP-Link app through my mobile device. 

Yes please contact me via email.  Do you have my email?

Options