Archer C9 keeps rebooting/restarting randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 keeps rebooting/restarting randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
126 Reply
Re:Archer C9 keeps rebooting/restarting randomly
2020-11-10 06:26:16

@Terni4   @snoken    @jaqob 

Hello all, we feel sorry that this issue really takes long, while I need to say that our engineers are working actively with the R&D, we will soon provide you a beta firmware to try to fix this reboot issue today or tomorrow, please just wait for one more day. If this beta firmware still doesn't help resolve the issue, we will help with other solutions, thanks a lot.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-10 07:19:04
Looking forward to trying out the beta firmware.
Options
2020-11-10 11:21:29 - last edited 2020-11-10 11:24:02

As per comment from Kevin_Z above, I recently received the news from an Engineer who I have been running a debug firmware for and providing logs to after reboots, that a beta firmware was near. Fingers, toes and everything else possible crossed that TP-Link can finally fix this random reboot issue.

For those interested, I was also advised they have identified reboots linked to wifi negotiation errors and that having NAT Boost On may be contributing. As such I was recommended to turn off NAT Boost which I have for 3 days now without a reboot. I have probably spoken too soon and wil only be a matter of time before the reboot gremlins punish me.

Options
2020-11-10 19:58:39

@Mendo That is very interesting. Thanks a lot for the information. Please get back to us with a status report in a couple of days or upon next reboot. :)

I'm going to try and turn off NAT Boost too before work in the morning. See if it helps me as well. And hopefully the engineers will arrive with a firmware soon.

Options
2020-11-10 20:46:18

@snoken as i mentioned earlier, turning off NAT boost triggers my Internet to drop constantly but with NAT boost everything works just fine and i think the core problem might be in some settings in home router and settings in ISP's switch (or router i dont know exactly what it is) that conflicts and trigger router to restart or to drop internet connection.

Options
Re:Archer C9 keeps rebooting/restarting randomly-Solution
2020-11-11 01:11:26 - last edited 2020-11-18 02:39:32

Hello all, thank you for your patient waiting and cooperation on this debug process.

Note: Please always ensure you are running the latest official firmware on the Archer C9 v5 first.

While if you still encounter the auto-reboot issue with the latest firmware, here comes with a beta firmware that may help with the auto-reboot issue you guys encountered with the Archer C9(EU) v5, please give it a go and see if it will resolve the issue. Below is the download link:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202011/20201112/c9v5_eu-up-ver1-2-5-P1[20201110-rel73750]_nosign_2020-11-10_20.34.13.zip

Note: If you have an Archer C9(US) 5.0, you can also try to install this beta firmware. While if you have other customized versions, this will not work for you.

Please upload this firmware into your Archer C9 v5 by referring to the below guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2139/

Kindly let the community know if your issue is resolved with this firmware or not, thanks very much~

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-11 15:01:39

Since disabling the feature Private (MAC) Address on on my Iphone 10 days ago I haven't had a single reboot!

Options
2020-11-11 16:23:34

@Kevin_Z Is there any chance to get an official firmware update (not a beta one) when you would get done with testing in Russian version (cause im from Russia)?

Options
2020-11-12 01:09:13

@AndyPlopp 

Hello, thank you for the valued update. Please keep monitoring the router and there is currently no need to update the beta firmware then.

Options
2020-11-12 01:29:00

@Terni4 

Hello, thanks for asking.

We currently don't have the beta firmware or official one for the C9(RU) v5, but we will escalate your case to our engineers, they will try to help you with this, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.   

Good day.

Options
Related Articles