Archer C9 keeps rebooting/restarting randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 keeps rebooting/restarting randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
126 Reply
Re:Archer C9 keeps rebooting/restarting randomly
2020-11-16 21:20:26 - last edited 2020-11-16 21:20:49

@Kevin_Z what about C9 v5 for US versions? can I use the same firmware you linked?

I am also having these random reboot issues since a few weeks.

Options
2020-11-17 04:40:09

@snoken did you end up turning off NAT Boost and if so on which firmware and what were the results?

I had 5 days without reboots on the older debug-beta firmware I was testing with. I then applied the new debug-beta firmware emailed to me by support (which appears to be the same provided by @Kevin_Z in this thread) and having assumed/hoped it would work with NAT Boost, I thus enabled NAT Boost. Unfortunately I am again getting a few reboots per day since.

Awaiting a response to my email sent to support which included the logs they requested.

Options
2020-11-17 10:02:48

@Mendo and all, 

I had daily restarts on my C9 with the "stock" firmware for a long time, even turning off NAT Boost didn't help. 

Yesterday, I installed the Beta version by Kevin and it seems to have helped, at least it was over 24h without reboot (from what I can tell). Waiting for higher demand days to see if that will change again..

Options
2020-11-18 02:34:37

@carbonfibre 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Yes, you can install this beta firmware on your Archer C9(US) v5.0 and this will work. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-18 03:02:36

@Mendo 

Hello, thanks for getting back with all the details.

I found that you are following the issue with the engineers, they will help with the debug or further issues, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-18 03:03:45

@ixx 

Good to know the beta firmware helped, please monitoring the router for longer and get back to the community, thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-18 08:09:17

@Mendo Unfortunately haven't been able to neither turn off NAT boost or try the beta firmware provided by Kevin_Z yet as I've had a lot to do at work with no option of downtime. Will probably get to the beta firmware at least this week. It's sad to hear that you're still having problems though.

Would you kindly let us know what the feedback is from the engineers when there is some? Thanks for your valued input.

Options
2020-11-24 18:42:12

@Kevin_Z I'm been having similiar issues with rebooting starting around the same time issues started appearing for other users here. I've tried installing the beta firmware you shared here, but still continue to face the same issue.

Hardware Version: ArcherC9 v5.0

Firmware: 1.2.5 Build 20201110 rel.73750(5553)

Is there somewhere to send log files to diagnose or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Options
2020-11-25 01:42:24

@tinohays 

Hello, 

Have you tried to disable the NAT Boost on the C9 (Advanced-System Tools-System Parameters)? Please give it a go, we will email you at the same time, if this doesn't help, please get back with the debug log, thanks a lot:

Options
2020-11-25 04:15:54

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the email. I didn't see that Nat Boost option before, and went ahead and disabled that now. I'll respond to your email with the error logs if things do not approve. 

Options
Related Articles