Archer MR200 V1 bricked? TFTP does not work anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-15 20:41:01 - last edited 2020-10-16 07:05:36
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: probably none

Hello,

I would like to ask for a help with this router... Archer MR200 V1. I have obtained this piece from Orange Slovakia (ISP) and it already belongs to me (after some time in service).

After some time (subscription to Orange long gone) I tried to update the router's firmware to an official TP-LINK version due to serious stability issues with different ISP. The update via web interface didn't work, the file was not accepted (even though I downloaded the EU V1 firmware from TP LINK website. The FCC code on the sticker is> TE7MR200V1).

The upload of the firmware via TFTP was successful but probably created a useless brick out of this super device.

Is there any "simple" way how to make it working again? Restarts (including 30-30-30 rule) didn't work. The TFTP neither. The only thing this router does now is it shows the packets the computer connected via LAN cable is sending (flashing the LAN port LED).

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer MR200 V1 bricked? TFTP does not work anymore
2020-10-16 09:07:09

@Roumnko 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Have you tried to reset the Archer MR200 by holding the reset pinhole for 10s?

And how did you tell the router was bricked, no internet or something else?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-10-16 09:42:48

@Sunshine Hello :)

Well, yes I tried reset button for 10 seconds. Even 30 or 60.

The only thing the router shows is the single light that is assigned to inserted LAN cable (from my PC). It blinks when I try to ping (send some packets).

Do I need to somehow to put a "full dump" into the chip or is there any other backup scenario available?

Thank You

Roman

Options
2020-10-21 06:33:48

@Roumnko 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

I am afraid that there is no other backup solution we could provide;

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

And If the device is still under warranty, you could try to ask for replacement from the local support team.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1767

Replies: 3

Related Articles