Router's sim message is not displaying

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-20 08:17:26 - last edited 2020-10-24 04:22:23
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.17.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200526 Rel.36799n

My problem is that, when i want to see the messages it displays that 2 messages had come but when i go to see messages in advanced>SMS>Inbox it is all blank. I am sending some screenshots of it. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router's sim message is not displaying-Solution
2020-10-24 04:17:38 - last edited 2020-10-24 04:22:23

@hadi_ala 

Hi, i was also having the same problem so TP-Link had provided me a beta firmware for this device. Download this firmware Link:  https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202009/20200914/LTE_GATEWAY_1.17.0_0.9.1_up_boot(200901)_2020-09-03_19.16.51.zip

1. Extract the ZIP file using WinRAR.

2. Then Go to Advanced>System Tools>Firmware Upgrade>Now go to browse and choose that bin file that you have extracted>now click on Upgrade>now your router will reboot and your problem will be solved.

IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process

• Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
  • To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
  • It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
  • Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.

Thank You !

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Router's sim message is not displaying
2020-10-20 11:30:05

@ShikharC 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Really sorry for the delay.

We would like to follow up your case via email and please have a check of your email box.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Where are you located and who is your SIM card carrier?
  2. If the SIM card was put into the smartphone, are you able to send and receive any SMS?
  3. How long have you had the device and when did the issue start?
  4. Have you tried to check on the Tether APP to see If there is any message?
  5. Have you tried to hardware reset the MR200 to see if the issue still existed?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-10-20 14:03:52

@Sunshine 

Thank you for your reply!

1. I am living in India and i am using Airtel sim card.

2. When I put sim card into phone i can able to read the messages.

3. I have bought in August 2020 and then in October it this issue starts.

4. Sorry, but i can't see any SMS option in Tether APP.

5. Yes, I have tried hardware reset it resolves problem but for only two days. After two days this issue starts again.

Options
2020-10-21 01:19:57

@ShikharC 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I have sent another firmware to you and please have a check of your message box.

Please update the firmware first and check if it could fix the current issue.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-10-21 03:28:17

@Sunshine 

Thank You very much for providing the beta version of router's firmware. I have updated and it resolves the problem of seeing SMS. Now i can read the messages easily.

Thank you TP-link SOHO Community!

Options
2020-10-23 16:07:38
I have same problem. I am living in Iran. I am using Rigthel sim card. Also, I bought this devise around one year. Now I have 45 messages to read. But I cannot. Beside this same problem. The device site is not load perfectly, I should refresh (F5) many times to see the site.
Options
Re:Router's sim message is not displaying-Solution
2020-10-24 04:17:38 - last edited 2020-10-24 04:22:23

@hadi_ala 

Hi, i was also having the same problem so TP-Link had provided me a beta firmware for this device. Download this firmware Link:  https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202009/20200914/LTE_GATEWAY_1.17.0_0.9.1_up_boot(200901)_2020-09-03_19.16.51.zip

2. Then Go to Advanced>System Tools>Firmware Upgrade>Now go to browse and choose that bin file that you have extracted>now click on Upgrade>now your router will reboot and your problem will be solved.

IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process

• Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
  • To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
  • It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
  • Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.

Thank You !

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-24 18:01:35

@ShikharC 

Thanks for your help.

It is works. Now i can see the messages. However, I cannot read them. Because, I have problems with characters now.

At list, I can remove them. 

ShikharC wrote

@hadi_ala 

Thank You !

Options
2020-10-25 03:41:43 - last edited 2020-10-25 03:45:41

@hadi_ala 

Thank You for reply !

I think you must reset your router to default settings. This may solve your problem.

Go to Advanced>System tools>Backup and restore>Click on Factory Restore.

Now you router will reboot.

or you should use another browser.

see if your problem is solved or not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1067

Replies: 8