Archer T3U under Win10: upload speed over 5GhZ WiFi abruptly capped to 2Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-21 21:37:23
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Dear All,

did anybody experience a sudden decrease in upload speed supported by the T3U?
I've been using it for some months from an ASUS laptop running Win10 and connecting to a GPON router (ensuring 890+ Mbps Down and 150 Mbps+ up). Until few days ago the upload speed was in the range 45Mbps - 180Mbps, download in the 150-280 Mbps range.
Environment is the same (same room at home), no wifi channel contention detected with different wifi analyzers, but since a few days the upload speed is capped to max 2Mbps.

If the wifi receiver embedded in the laptop is used instead of the T3U (it's on the 2.4 GHz band) up to 34 Mbps upload are reached, which doesn't sound actually straightforward to me. Other devices connected over the same 5GHz wifi and placed in the same room reached the 150+ Mbps upload
No new installations of any kind on the laptop, I'm wondering if the T3U went somehow KO (its HW or the driver) or if this is some kind of strange side-effect of any Win10 update

Thank you in advance for any useful hint you might provide to fix this!

Options