Archer T3U can't connect to 5Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-18 10:00:32 - last edited 2022-09-06 02:28:13
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

i am unable to connect to 5ghz Wireless.. if i change the settings of wireless (channels),i can see the 5ghz network, but if i'm trying to connect to, my archer t3u crash and i need to install it again..

It works on 2.4 Ghz, but i bought it for the 5Ghz...

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer T3U can't connect to 5Ghz-Solution
2020-07-29 15:49:54 - last edited 2020-08-03 07:09:38

@Kathy_Z 

Hi !

Finally it works ! i installed the driver manually, then i switch the channel on my router to channel 36, and it works well !

i will keep an eye on this, but my connection seems to be good !

thank you so much for helping me !

wish you a good day !

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-30 08:06:18 - last edited 2022-09-06 02:28:02

Hello everyone, 

Thank you very much for your feedback, 

Case1: If you the adapter can not see 5Ghz Wifi of router, try some tips here : Why cannot the adapter detect the 5G Wi-Fi of my router?

Case2: If the USB adapter can't connect to router's 5Ghz Wi-Fi, here are some tips that you could give a try: 

1. Change a different 5Ghz channel on router,  channel 36/40/44/48 are recommended

2. Go to Device manager> USB Properties advanced tab> change wireless mode to IEEE 802.11ac 

3. Try this chipset driver T3U(Nano/ Plus) and see if it helps

4. If adapter used to work fine, try to remove Wi-Fi profile, manually put in 5Ghz Wi-Fi password again to reconnect Wi-Fi:

How to connect to wireless networks and remove its profile on Windows 10?

5. Confirm other devices could connect to router's 5Ghz network

.e.g. forget 5Ghz Wi-Fi on mobile phone and reconnect to 5Ghz on mobile device to confirm you put in correct Wi-Fi password
6. Try wireless security type WPA/WPA2-PSK(AES) on router 

If the concern persists, please Start a New Thread and attach information here that may help sort out the problem:

1.  Model of router ( better attach a photo of router Wireless settings)

2.  Could adapter connect to 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi? What is the error message when adapter connected to 5Ghz WiFi? 

3.A photo of driver version and system& motherboard  information How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer

Thank you!

More Articles: What if my device failed to detect the 6 GHz Wi-Fi Band of Wi-Fi 6E Routers

Introducing AXE5400 Wi-Fi 6E Bluetooth 5.2 PCIe Adapter Archer TXE75E

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer T3U can't connect to 5Ghz
2020-07-24 06:53:12

@Kathy_Z 

Hello, thanks for your quick help !

Here are my answers :

1 - Yes, exactly, when i try to connect to the 5Ghz, the T3U crash and I'm no longer able to see the networks. At this time, the LED light status is off.

2 - No, There's no error message, I just can't use the wifi anymore ( just like the T3U is not recognized anymore).

3 - Yes, i need to install the driver again, and i need to unplug the T3U because it isn't recognized by the driver.

4 - I'm not able to use 5G network , or it crash when i'm trying to connect to it.

5 - I'm not able to use 5G network , or it crash when i'm trying to connect to it.

6 - I don't have another computer, but i will try this weekend.

7 - I've already check this FAQ, when i tried to connect to the 5Ghz with my phone, it works well. Plus, with my old computer, I was able to connect to the 5Ghz.

1 - I have reinstalled the driver (my computer is new so it is unlikely that a software is the cause of the malfunction)
     I modified the parameters of my router to change the 5Ghz channels (my 5Ghz network became visible from that moment on)
     I have tested the connection on all channels (I can't connect to any).
     I tried plugging the T3U into all my USB ports.

2/3 - I'll send you the info this weekend.

4 - I got the T3U since 1 week, end the issue start at the first install.

5 - I'll try this weekend.

6 - I d'ont have any error message.. the T3U disconnect and that's all.

Hope it will help you !

Wish you a nice day.

Options
2020-07-25 08:12:09

@Kathy_Z 

here are the driver version of adapter and computer motherboard info 

File:
motherboard_info.PNGDownload
Options
2020-07-25 08:16:07

@Kathy_Z 

Here also my router info :

Wish you a nice day 

Options
2020-07-29 15:49:54 - last edited 2020-08-03 07:09:38

@Kathy_Z 

Hi !

Finally it works ! i installed the driver manually, then i switch the channel on my router to channel 36, and it works well !

i will keep an eye on this, but my connection seems to be good !

thank you so much for helping me !

wish you a good day !

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-26 12:03:45

@Kathy_Z 

Hi,

I have encountered a problem, there is no .inf files in the downloaded zip and so i can't follow the instructions of the manual installation guide.

It is also specified that not every driver contains an inf file so i conclude that there is no inf for the Archer T3U ?

Now i'm asking myself how it is possible that the author could do this manual installation without the .inf file.

I have the same issue and i really want to be connected to my 5ghz network.

Look forward to your reply.

Good day!

Options
2021-11-30 08:06:18 - last edited 2022-09-06 02:28:02

Hello everyone, 

Thank you very much for your feedback, 

Case1: If you the adapter can not see 5Ghz Wifi of router, try some tips here : Why cannot the adapter detect the 5G Wi-Fi of my router?

Case2: If the USB adapter can't connect to router's 5Ghz Wi-Fi, here are some tips that you could give a try: 

1. Change a different 5Ghz channel on router,  channel 36/40/44/48 are recommended

2. Go to Device manager> USB Properties advanced tab> change wireless mode to IEEE 802.11ac 

3. Try this chipset driver T3U(Nano/ Plus) and see if it helps

4. If adapter used to work fine, try to remove Wi-Fi profile, manually put in 5Ghz Wi-Fi password again to reconnect Wi-Fi:

How to connect to wireless networks and remove its profile on Windows 10?

5. Confirm other devices could connect to router's 5Ghz network

.e.g. forget 5Ghz Wi-Fi on mobile phone and reconnect to 5Ghz on mobile device to confirm you put in correct Wi-Fi password
6. Try wireless security type WPA/WPA2-PSK(AES) on router 

If the concern persists, please Start a New Thread and attach information here that may help sort out the problem:

1.  Model of router ( better attach a photo of router Wireless settings)

2.  Could adapter connect to 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi? What is the error message when adapter connected to 5Ghz WiFi? 

3.A photo of driver version and system& motherboard  information How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer

Thank you!

More Articles: What if my device failed to detect the 6 GHz Wi-Fi Band of Wi-Fi 6E Routers

Introducing AXE5400 Wi-Fi 6E Bluetooth 5.2 PCIe Adapter Archer TXE75E

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 32331

Replies: 9

Related Articles