Poor powerlink adapter performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Poor powerlink adapter performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Poor powerlink adapter performance
2020-11-01 05:10:17 - last edited 2020-11-01 05:14:24

@lordlance 

"Can two fibre wires be installed for the same connection from the roof?"

I don't understand the question?

Only one incoming fibre connection can be connected to your ISP router.   You may be able to move the router and fibre connection to the TV room but it depends on type of 'fibre' connection.  You may have to ask for advice on the user support forum for your ISP.

eg. 'optical fibre' (FTTP) with an ethernet cable from ONT into the ISP wifi router, or  VDSL/FTTC where the phone/DSL copper cable plugs into the ISP wifi modem-router?

Otherwise, if it is not possible to move the ISP router or extend the fibre cable, to the room containing the TV, then it is normal practise to install long ethernet cable from the router to the room where you require an ethernet connection for your devices such as the TV etc.

Have you viewed the youtube video link I provided in a previous post?

You could use CAT6 pure copper (I do not recommend CCA) solid core ethernet cable from  ethernet LAN port of ISP (fibre) router to room where TV is located.   Terminated with CAT6 wall sockets on each end of cable.

Up to 100m (over 300ft) length is possible with high quality copper cable.

If the cable runs outside your property, you will have to use exterior grade quality (UV and weather resistant) which is more expensive.

Cheaper flexible 'patch' (multistranded) cable with moulded RJ45 plugs on the ends should work OK in theory over 100ft.

If you require more than one ethernet socket in the room with your TV, you can install an ethernet swtich on end of the cable.  eg. TL-SF1005D or TL-SG1005D etc.

If you require ethernet connection in more than one room, you may need to consider where it is best to install an ethernet swtich and then install cables from the swtich to each room.  It is possible to use more than one ethernet swtich.

Options
Re:Poor powerlink adapter performance
2020-11-01 05:32:07

@bob888 I get FTTH yes. The fibre wire connects to my PC through a hole in my room. The wire is thrown from the roof. (I live in a flat.)

I only need 1 ethernet connection directly to my TV in my living room not even a second router.

I don't get to choose the wire I think because the installation team chooses the wire and I wouldn't know how to throw to install it anyway.

My question was more if there were options vis-a-vis which wire or type of wire to choose.

Options
Related Articles