Changing Deco M9 Plus to be connected to modem only rather than modem / router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-29 13:29:44
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

I recently set up 3  Deco M9 Plus units to provide WiFi coverage around the house.  To do this, I turned WiFi off on my Netgear Modem/Router and connected the main Deco via Ethernet.

I've since found out that my Modem/Router can be used as a Modem Only, which makes sense to me, as then the Deco is the only Router, which I think should help reduce NAT issues and keep things a little cleaner.

Has anyone set up the Deco units in this way?  Do I need to reset the Decos and start the set up process again with the Netgear in Modem Mode?  Does the Deco give me the option to add my broadband username and password, as I'm not sure the modem gives me that option?

Asking for any advice before I go through the process!

Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Changing Deco M9 Plus to be connected to modem only rather than modem / router
2020-10-29 20:44:38 - last edited 2020-10-29 20:47:14

@ceepeearr What you're trying to say is that you want to put your decos network into access point mode? 

You can easily connect your decos with the rj45 cable and turn off your modem's WiFi or disable the option, so yes, you can count your decos and use it in access point mode. 

Options
Re:Changing Deco M9 Plus to be connected to modem only rather than modem / router
2020-10-29 21:22:19

@Sleater14 

I think I'm actually saying the opposite. Turn off the router function on my modem and instead use the router function of the Deco.

I'm not sure if I need to re-run the Deco set up to make the change?

Options
2020-10-30 11:20:28 - last edited 2020-10-30 11:24:58

@ceepeearr  Creo que una vez tuve ese mismo problema y si mal no recuerdo funcionó a la perfección, el punto curioso fue que al hacerlo los decos crearon una subred.

Make sure the DHCP option on your main modem is active.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 794

Replies: 3

Related Articles