TL-MR6400 - Problems with upload on multiple devices when switched on 4G Only mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-MR6400 - Problems with upload on multiple devices when switched on 4G Only mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-30 15:28:53
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190521 Rel.38696n

Hi,

I have a TL-MR6400 router with sim card entered. There is a problem when 4G Only mode is on. It seems that 4G upload is blocked by router somehow. Everything works fine with 3G Only mode on multiple devices. But when I switch 4G Only on problems appear. On my laptop everything is normal, doesn't matter if it is connected to router with cable or wirelessly, and the download/upload speeds are ok. But on my smartphone upload is 0 mbps and apps won't load it's content. Only a few internet pages will open via browser. But when I remove my sim card from router and put it in smartphone everything is ok, apps work and download/upload speeds are ok on 4G. I also noticed on my work desktop pc that some messaging apps won't upload a picture when connected to router with 4G mode on. So, when router shares 3G internet everithing is ok. But when it shares 4G internet upload is blocked and apps won't load on some devices. I assume there is a problem with concerned router because 4G internet of that sim card works fine when outside of the router. I also searched the internet and found many similar cases with 4G Only mode with concerned router. It works fine on 3G Only mode but when 4G Only mode is switched on then problems appear. People can't connect their phones, TVs, devices and so on. And there is no known solution so far. Few months ago I tried switching back between 4G and 3G modes and then 4G mode started to work normally when switched on from 3G mode. But that does not work anymore. So please, could you provide solution to this problem. How can we set 4G Only mode to work properly. I updated the firmware to the newest version for your information.

Options
6 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 - Problems with upload on multiple devices when switched on 4G Only mode
2020-11-06 11:07:40

@vuleslash 

Hi, thanks a lot for your time and patience.

May I know where are you located and who is your SIM card carrier?

Did this issue start out of the box, or just recently?

We have a firmware related to the MTU size and please have a try and post here with further updated news.

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:TL-MR6400 - Problems with upload on multiple devices when switched on 4G Only mode
2020-11-06 13:28:39

@Sunshine 

Hi, thank you for your response.

I am in Croatia with Tele2 mobile unlimited internet sim card.

I got the card and the modem roughly at the same time, problem was there from beginning, but I could bypass the problem by switching between 3G and 4G mode, that does not work anymore.

Is it possible that modem and card are incompatible?

Options
2021-04-20 08:51:05

@vuleslash 

Hi there! I have had the same issue, with this router and a Tele2 SIM card in Croatia. If you try to connect your client with a VPN client - I tried with ExpressVPN - the it all works fine. Smartphones and smart tvs not connected via the vpn would just not upload anything. I actually had the same issue with T-Mobile, A1 instead works seamlessy. Never really tried to switch between 3G and 4G.

Options
2021-04-21 07:33:01

@cecco16 @vuleslash 

This firmware solved the issue, with Tele2/Telemach. It was provided by the live chat support and I had to run the whole upgrade operation remotely which was a bit of a concern, but luckily it worked just fine. Check your hardware version prior to the upgrade, I believe it supports MR6400(EU)_V3/V4.

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202004/20200430/LTE_GATEWAYv3_1.10.0_0.9.1_up_boot(200427)_2020-04-28_08.22.19.zip

Options
2021-05-04 15:27:45

@cecco16 @Sunshine 

Thank you cecco16 for posting this link for firmware and thank you Sunshine for sending me a link for firmware in a message.

I have flashed the new firmware and factory reset the router and it seemed that the problem was solved. I switched the mode to 4G and finally got normal behavior on my mobile phone and on my PC. So I thought that the issue is solved. BUT... the new problem has emerged! I can't access my server folder on my work PC anymore, and basically can't work on my PC as long as 4G mode is enabled. Switching back to 3G and everything is back to normal as usual. The router is somehow denying access to my work folder which is on the server while on 4G, and not denying while on 3G. So with this firmware update, I gained normal usage of 4G mode on PC and mobile phone, but now can't access the server folder and work in a program that we use. Again, everything works fine while on 3G. And a few months ago, when I had initial 4G problems, I could use the program and access the server folder for work, even on 4G, but I had some trouble with uploading pictures, etc, as I said in my first post. So, it is a bit weird that it won't let me access those files now, we connect over a VPN though, to access those work files, so could it be interference between those two, our VPN and 4G mode? But again on 3G is normal and it was normal on 4G a while ago. What could be the solution to this problem? I haven't tried how other devices are acting while connected over 4G with this new firmware yet but will later, so I'll let you know.

Options
2021-06-20 06:01:18

@vuleslash 

I ja imam isti problem sa karticom T-Com i nikako nisam uspio da ga riješim.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1402

Replies: 6